10 Feb, 2011

A tale of two dogs

Posted by andrea tomkins in: dog stuff

I love makeover articles. Don’t you? And like any good makeover article there have to be photos… because only through photos can you get a true appreciation for the scale of the transformation that has just occurred.

Piper got a doggy makeover today. I just picked her up and wanted to show you the results.

Here is the BEFORE picture, taken yesterday. This dog is ruff-and-tumble, a go-getter, a real teddy bear.  She loves to run in the snow and steal your spot on the couch if you happen to vacate it:

BEFORE

And the AFTER:

This dog is sleek and smart and runs like the wind. She is a looker and she knows it. She is proud of her ability to sneak toilet paper tubes out of the recycling. She holds her head up high (that is, when she’s not nose-to-the-ground sniffing out some kind of olfactory mystery):

AFTER

Here’s another pose of The New Sophisticated Urban Canine:

Piper got a trim

Oh Piper, you silly goose. What did we ever do without you?

Tags:

Print this post Print this post

8 Responses to "A tale of two dogs"

1 | Sasha

February 10th, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Amazing how they can be transformed, isn’t it? We had a wheaton growing up, it was so strange seeing the same bouncy personality in two completely different dogs!

2 | Hellcat13

February 11th, 2011 at 10:38 am

Cutest. Dog. EVER.

This, from a cat person, so you know it’s true :)

3 | Shannon

February 11th, 2011 at 11:19 am

Oohhhh…what a sweetheart. You can just read into his eyes. Looks like a 4 legged little man. Adorable.

4 | Valerie

February 11th, 2011 at 12:03 pm

the before looks much more playful. :) what a difference some hair makes.

5 | Mandy from Nova Scotia

February 11th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Your dog is so cute it makes me want to get one just like her!

6 | CampingGirl

February 11th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

She looks like a totally different dog!

7 | Jen

February 12th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

She looks regal :-)

8 | A Piper update >> a peek inside the fishbowl

September 20th, 2011 at 10:18 am

[...] has an appointment for a full grooming today. I really should post another set of before and after photos. (I LOVE makeover shots, don’t [...]

NAC Ottawa events

Christmas ideas from Saunders Farm!

Frogs - a Chorus of Colours - at the Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa

Funhaven - Ottawa's destination for birthday parties and fun

terra20 Ottawa celebrates Earth Month

Ottawa Gymnastics Centre - Westboro

IMAX 3D - Journey to the South Pacific

bucketlist

etc.

• Eloise Holland: What a beautiful little egg. Have you heard of Nest watch? You and your children can be citizen scientists while you keep track of your nest. Just g
  • andrea tomkins: Laurel - I did not mean to suggest that everyone has to buy a hybrid, rather, that that the automotive industry is heading that way and I'm happy we d
  • Laurel: I appreciate that you write a lot about being kind to the world and being aware re recycling and more. It's one of the things that draws me to your bl
  • A good stink.: Composting is a joy. Good for my garden and my soul. I compost all year round although winter can be a challenge. Squirrels will gnaw through your
  • andrea tomkins: You make a good point lacoop, we are definitely not alone on this planet! Easing our dependence on cars is a good idea for many reasons. I do wish the
  • lacoop: We also made the decision to be a one-car family. We also make a point of biking and walking where ever possible: cheaper, better for the planet, an
  • andrea tomkins: Me too! It's really inspiring!

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (14) and Sarah (12). I am the Editor of the Kitchissippi Times as well as Capital Parent Newspaper. I'm also a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999 (which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which). The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 660 and counting!

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's my latest:
Created with flickr badge.
Click the photo for details: what it is, where I ate it (if it's worth a mention!), and how to cook it (if there happens to be a recipe). You can also read more about this project right here.

Sideblog

A year before

Got kids in Ottawa? These posts might be worth a click too:

Follow the Fishbowl’s companion page on Facebook

Let's stick a pin in that

Miz Mooz Women's Car