10 Feb, 2011

A tale of two dogs

Posted by andrea tomkins in: dog stuff

I love makeover articles. Don’t you? And like any good makeover article there have to be photos… because only through photos can you get a true appreciation for the scale of the transformation that has just occurred.

Piper got a doggy makeover today. I just picked her up and wanted to show you the results.

Here is the BEFORE picture, taken yesterday. This dog is ruff-and-tumble, a go-getter, a real teddy bear.  She loves to run in the snow and steal your spot on the couch if you happen to vacate it:

BEFORE

And the AFTER:

This dog is sleek and smart and runs like the wind. She is a looker and she knows it. She is proud of her ability to sneak toilet paper tubes out of the recycling. She holds her head up high (that is, when she’s not nose-to-the-ground sniffing out some kind of olfactory mystery):

AFTER

Here’s another pose of The New Sophisticated Urban Canine:

Piper got a trim

Oh Piper, you silly goose. What did we ever do without you?

Tags:

Print this post Print this post

8 Responses to "A tale of two dogs"

1 | Sasha

February 10th, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Amazing how they can be transformed, isn’t it? We had a wheaton growing up, it was so strange seeing the same bouncy personality in two completely different dogs!

2 | Hellcat13

February 11th, 2011 at 10:38 am

Cutest. Dog. EVER.

This, from a cat person, so you know it’s true :)

3 | Shannon

February 11th, 2011 at 11:19 am

Oohhhh…what a sweetheart. You can just read into his eyes. Looks like a 4 legged little man. Adorable.

4 | Valerie

February 11th, 2011 at 12:03 pm

the before looks much more playful. :) what a difference some hair makes.

5 | Mandy from Nova Scotia

February 11th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Your dog is so cute it makes me want to get one just like her!

6 | CampingGirl

February 11th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

She looks like a totally different dog!

7 | Jen

February 12th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

She looks regal :-)

8 | A Piper update >> a peek inside the fishbowl

September 20th, 2011 at 10:18 am

[...] has an appointment for a full grooming today. I really should post another set of before and after photos. (I LOVE makeover shots, don’t [...]

NAC Ottawa family events

Saunders Farm annual passes for family fun!

Arctic Voices, Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa

Sustainable shopping at terra20 - Ottawa

Visit tThe Village Quire in Westboro Ottawa!

Joan of Arc Academy in Ottawa

bucketlist

etc.

• andrea tomkins: I know! I just keep watering it and it seems to be doing fine. This was was a late bloomer this season. The red leaves started coming out a little aft
  • andrea tomkins: Cam: I can't say that I have had the same experience, but I do think the points fluctuate. Some weeks are really good, other weeks less so. It's a
  • valerie: wow, I've never seen a poinsettia last longer than a month!
  • Lisa from Iroquois: Your banana bread recipe looks a lot like mine. Instead of walnuts I toss in a big handful of chocolate chips, and I usually throw in a big of flax s
  • Photographic gratitude >> a peek inside the fishbowl: […] the big poster I made out of 200 of my favourite Instagram photos? I look at it every day and still love it to smithereens. I find something
  • Marvellous muffins (banana muffins, that is)! >> a peek inside the fishbowl: […] fans may also be interested in this recipe for banana bread. It’s also very […]
  • andrea tomkins: Thank you for sharing your experience Robyn! I totally agree with everything you said. It is OK to be smart. It's more than OK! :)

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (15) and Sarah (13). I am the editor of the Kitchissippi Times, Capital Parent Newspaper, and a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 938 lunches and counting

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's the latest:

Created with flickr badge.

Sideblog

• My latest post on the MediaSmarts website is up, and it's about family social media accounts. (Yes! It's a thing! And I think it's pretty neat.) Is this something you do as a family? I'd love it if you left your two cents on the topic.

- #
  • I'm sharing some of my favourite lunch-related items over on the terra20 blog today. Whether you're packing a lunch for work, for your kids, or just eating at your desk at home, I bet there is something there for you. Check it out!

- #
  • I have a new post up at the MediaSmarts blog this week. It's my response to a question that I'm asked quite often: What’s the best age to give a kid an iPod touch?

- #

... check out past nightstand reads right here.

Got kids in Ottawa? These posts might be worth a click too: