10 Feb, 2011

A tale of two dogs

Posted by andrea tomkins in: dog stuff

I love makeover articles. Don’t you? And like any good makeover article there have to be photos… because only through photos can you get a true appreciation for the scale of the transformation that has just occurred.

Piper got a doggy makeover today. I just picked her up and wanted to show you the results.

Here is the BEFORE picture, taken yesterday. This dog is ruff-and-tumble, a go-getter, a real teddy bear.  She loves to run in the snow and steal your spot on the couch if you happen to vacate it:

BEFORE

And the AFTER:

This dog is sleek and smart and runs like the wind. She is a looker and she knows it. She is proud of her ability to sneak toilet paper tubes out of the recycling. She holds her head up high (that is, when she’s not nose-to-the-ground sniffing out some kind of olfactory mystery):

AFTER

Here’s another pose of The New Sophisticated Urban Canine:

Piper got a trim

Oh Piper, you silly goose. What did we ever do without you?

Tags:

Print this post Print this post

8 Responses to "A tale of two dogs"

1 | Sasha

February 10th, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Amazing how they can be transformed, isn’t it? We had a wheaton growing up, it was so strange seeing the same bouncy personality in two completely different dogs!

2 | Hellcat13

February 11th, 2011 at 10:38 am

Cutest. Dog. EVER.

This, from a cat person, so you know it’s true :)

3 | Shannon

February 11th, 2011 at 11:19 am

Oohhhh…what a sweetheart. You can just read into his eyes. Looks like a 4 legged little man. Adorable.

4 | Valerie

February 11th, 2011 at 12:03 pm

the before looks much more playful. :) what a difference some hair makes.

5 | Mandy from Nova Scotia

February 11th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Your dog is so cute it makes me want to get one just like her!

6 | CampingGirl

February 11th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

She looks like a totally different dog!

7 | Jen

February 12th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

She looks regal :-)

8 | A Piper update >> a peek inside the fishbowl

September 20th, 2011 at 10:18 am

[...] has an appointment for a full grooming today. I really should post another set of before and after photos. (I LOVE makeover shots, don’t [...]

NAC Ottawa family events

Saunders Farm annual passes for family fun!

Joan of Arc Academy in Ottawa

OMS Ottawa Montessori schools

Sara McConnell photography Ottawa

Rethink Tires - Community Renewal Fund

terra20 Ottawa

• Sarah: We've never had a professional session done of the entire family.. I don't even think there are any pictures at all of all us together. Sad. I've been
  • Susan: We've never had a professional family photo done! Our family photos tend to be taken by others at a family event or on vacation. Never quite right:)
  • georgina: our last family photo session was back in October 2014.
  • Ann: At least 10 years ago.
  • meghan: Last one was when my kids were 6 & 4 and they are now 16 & 14!
  • coffee with julie: This is so sad. And it really does make it hit home that life is not everlasting. I'm sorry to hear your lost a friend, and feel terrible for her love
  • coffee with julie: I had a family photo shoot about one year ago and it's amazing to see how much the kids have changed in that short amount of time! I LOVE your photos.

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (15) and Sarah (13). I am the editor of the Kitchissippi Times and a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 1000 lunches and counting

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's the latest:

Created with flickr badge.

Sideblog

... check out past nightstand reads right here.