10 Feb, 2011

A tale of two dogs

Posted by andrea tomkins in: dog stuff

I love makeover articles. Don’t you? And like any good makeover article there have to be photos… because only through photos can you get a true appreciation for the scale of the transformation that has just occurred.

Piper got a doggy makeover today. I just picked her up and wanted to show you the results.

Here is the BEFORE picture, taken yesterday. This dog is ruff-and-tumble, a go-getter, a real teddy bear.  She loves to run in the snow and steal your spot on the couch if you happen to vacate it:

BEFORE

And the AFTER:

This dog is sleek and smart and runs like the wind. She is a looker and she knows it. She is proud of her ability to sneak toilet paper tubes out of the recycling. She holds her head up high (that is, when she’s not nose-to-the-ground sniffing out some kind of olfactory mystery):

AFTER

Here’s another pose of The New Sophisticated Urban Canine:

Piper got a trim

Oh Piper, you silly goose. What did we ever do without you?

Tags:

Print this post Print this post

8 Responses to "A tale of two dogs"

1 | Sasha

February 10th, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Amazing how they can be transformed, isn’t it? We had a wheaton growing up, it was so strange seeing the same bouncy personality in two completely different dogs!

2 | Hellcat13

February 11th, 2011 at 10:38 am

Cutest. Dog. EVER.

This, from a cat person, so you know it’s true :)

3 | Shannon

February 11th, 2011 at 11:19 am

Oohhhh…what a sweetheart. You can just read into his eyes. Looks like a 4 legged little man. Adorable.

4 | Valerie

February 11th, 2011 at 12:03 pm

the before looks much more playful. :) what a difference some hair makes.

5 | Mandy from Nova Scotia

February 11th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Your dog is so cute it makes me want to get one just like her!

6 | CampingGirl

February 11th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

She looks like a totally different dog!

7 | Jen

February 12th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

She looks regal :-)

8 | A Piper update >> a peek inside the fishbowl

September 20th, 2011 at 10:18 am

[...] has an appointment for a full grooming today. I really should post another set of before and after photos. (I LOVE makeover shots, don’t [...]

NAC Ottawa family events

Fall family fun fun at Saunders Farm!

Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa

Holiday shopping at terra20 - Ottawa

Nepean Visual Arts Centre

Visit tThe Village Quire in Westboro Ottawa!

bucketlist

etc.

• Shan: That was my goal for the year, but I really lost my way. Not sure why, but why not start today? Thanks for the reminder!
  • guest: pro tip: use the android app (or iOS) pcplus app to get your points adjusted, its really easy, just goto your receipt transactions and follow the prom
  • andrea tomkins: Laurel: We are too! So much of what I do is bandwidth heavy too. I guess what I neglected to say is that from a parenting perspective, it's easier
  • Laurel: I love this post even though I don't agree that having unlimited bandwidth turns children into zombies although some days I wish it would-giggle:) We
  • Susan: Like Chantal, I am also unemployed and have made some changes as a result. Namely: * Get properly dressed every day. No pajama or yoga pants. It do
  • Chantal: This post couldn't come at a better time for me. I have been off work since June and the first 3 months were amazing but I have been struggling since
  • shirley Darrington: I loaded my polnts this morning and went shopping at No Frills. I handed the cashier my PC Plus card and she scanned the card but it failed to give

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (15) and Sarah (13). I am the editor of the Kitchissippi Times, Capital Parent Newspaper, and a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 875 lunches and counting!

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's the latest:

Created with flickr badge.

Sideblog

• My latest post on the MediaSmarts website is up, and it's about family social media accounts. (Yes! It's a thing! And I think it's pretty neat.) Is this something you do as a family? I'd love it if you left your two cents on the topic.

- #
  • I'm sharing some of my favourite lunch-related items over on the terra20 blog today. Whether you're packing a lunch for work, for your kids, or just eating at your desk at home, I bet there is something there for you. Check it out!

- #
  • I have a new post up at the MediaSmarts blog this week. It's my response to a question that I'm asked quite often: What’s the best age to give a kid an iPod touch?

- #

... check out past nightstand reads right here.

Got kids in Ottawa? These posts might be worth a click too: