04 Aug, 2011
Ottawa giveaway alert: A Westboro shopping spree from The Guy With the Dog
I first wrote about Fishbowl patron Sean McCann a.k.a. The Guy With the Dog back in April. He knows Westboro, and I really like that he stands 100% behind the community he lives and works in. He’s passionate about supporting small businesses too (just like I am!) and I love that this is reflected in his choice for a blog giveaway.
Sean has pulled together a Best of the West(boro) package for our giveaway today. It is, essentially, a shopping spree. I am really excited because he’s picked some great shops.
ONE person has the opportunity to win the following bunch of gift cards:
- $25 to spend at Bridgehead (go there first, to fuel up!)
- $50 to spend at Lululemon
- $50 to spend at The Works
- $25 to spend at MEC
- $25 to spend at The Candy Store (also a blog patron, woot!)
- $25 to spend at Bark & Fitz (Obviously!)
Dear winner, promise me you’ll wear your comfy walking shoes before you set out, ok? :)
Here’s what you need to know. Please read carefully!
- This giveaway is open to anyone residing in the Ottawa area (not just in Westboro), but it is void where prohibited in Quebec. (Sorry mes amis, here’s why.)
- The winner will have to pick up their prize in a timely manner at Sean’s office. It’s at 1335 Carling Avenue, Suite 200, in Ottawa. (You’ll need to call ahead to arrange for pick up; 613-725-1171 and ask for Stephanie Duffey.)
- In order for your entry to qualify you must leave a comment below and tell us, what is your favourite destination in Westboro? It doesn’t need to be any of the stores listed, it could be a coffeeshop, restaurant or a park. Let me know!
- One entry per family please. We want lots of people to have the opportunity to win.
- If you can’t post your comment here because you’re behind a firewall at work or whatever, you can email it to me for posting: andrea at quietfish dot com (however I cannot be responsible if your entry is misdirected or gets stuck in my Spam folder!)
- Good karma goes to those who tweet or post about this on their Facebook profiles. I bet you didn’t know this but it actually increases your odds of winning. ;)
- I will do a random draw of all qualifying entries using Random.org at noon EST on Saturday August 13, 2011.
That’s it! Over to you. Thank you Sean for hosting this giveaway! Hurray for shopping local!