18 Jan, 2012

Two pages from someone’s life

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Found objects

A few years ago I bought a collection of vintage Valentine’s Day cards on eBay. I found this letter tucked inside one of them yesterday. It’s dated February 14, 1957 and as far as I know it’s totally legit.

Click on the images to enlarge:

Old love letter, page one

Old love letter, page two

7 Responses to "Two pages from someone’s life"

1 | elsewise

January 18th, 2012 at 9:27 am

Oh, this made my daydreams go crazy. I like to imagine that they ended up together (I do hope that he wasn’t as ticked off as she believed him to be!), and that someone will somehow stumble upon this letter, recognize the story, and reunite the letter with its family.

2 | Giulia

January 18th, 2012 at 9:41 am

This makes for a great movie, that last little twist before they hopefully speak and clear things up and end up happily ever after. Lovely to find something like this.

3 | Yael

January 18th, 2012 at 9:55 am

this just made my morning. what a beautiful thing to find!

i hope they were reunited (although in today’s world i can’t imagine losing someone over buying two valentine’s cards ;)) – what an amazing find!

4 | Ingredients for Life

January 18th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

You should contact the person you bought the cards from and find out if s/he knows who the letter was from and if those two got together.

5 | Janet

January 19th, 2012 at 11:09 am

wow! how interesting!!
I would love to know the outcome of that letter…or if it ever reached the guy in the first place.
thanks for sharing it.

6 | Mark

January 19th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Mrs. Hornsby should have just minded her own business. The old biddy!

7 | Sarah

February 14th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

One can only hope that they were reunited and she got to surprise him with the big red bow someday!

terra20 Ottawa

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• ichungcusaigon.info: Cancun real estate now offers quick access to all in the modern conveniences retirees from your U. While picking a real estate agent to dedicate yo
  • SJM: My father sent epic care packages when I was at Uni - one per term. It included a 6 pack of beer and lots of food. This was when postage was much chea
  • andrea tomkins: I KNOW. It's crazy that we are now the parents of an adult. I can hardly believe it myself most days! :)
  • Allison: What!!??!! How is your daughter in university?!! That just cannot be!!! So glad to hear she is adjusting well and having fun and enjoying her classes
  • andrea tomkins: Great ideas Joy! Especially the POST-its! They're actually an expensive purchase for a student, so they'd make a nice addition to a care package.
  • joy: cute and fun - I would love to receive things like this! How about notebooks, magazines, post-it notes, seasonal treats, lip balms, gift cards for fav
  • andrea tomkins: Ooh! Good one Alison! A good (long!) phone charge cord could be welcome as well.