29 Feb, 2012

Photoblogging of leapday

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Challenge me, challenge you|Multimedia experiments

I’m doing this because our “extra day” only comes around only once every four years and we know a lot of people who would have liked to have One Extra Day. So… today of all days it’s important to be mindful and enjoy the things that we have.

Photos will be posted every once in awhile throughout the day. The latest ones will be at the bottom. We begin… with breakfast! :)

Cake for breakfast

Fresh flowers

Please oh please let it suddenly fall off the table

Mr. Cardinal

Coffee with a friend

Find trust

Take what you need II

Winter walking

Snowy decoration

My door knocker makes me very happy

Lunch

Someone likes getting her tummy brushed

headless on the Xbox Kinect

Walkies?

Snowy

Work

Someone doesn't want to give my tablet back

Tea time

Dinnertime prep

evening walk

Extra dinners to cook!

10 Responses to "Photoblogging of leapday"

1 | Derek

February 29th, 2012 at 11:07 am

The take what you need photo is amazing to me. What a fantastic idea and an uplifting thought that someone put together!

2 | binki

February 29th, 2012 at 12:09 pm

You had cake for breakfast?! That IS INDEED very special. You’re amazing.

3 | Martina

February 29th, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Love your puppy looking at the cake!!

4 | Alicia

February 29th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

You’ve inspired me. I might just have to make a cake tonight :)

5 | Kat

February 29th, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I especially love the photo of your pup longingly eyeing the cake. We’re having pie & ice cream for dessert. Not quite cake for breakfast, but a treat nonetheless.

6 | Sara

March 1st, 2012 at 8:28 pm

The pregnant lady over here really appreciates the cake for breakfast!!

7 | Mary @ Parenthood

March 2nd, 2012 at 7:24 am

Yummy cake! My leap day was just another day; next time I’ll remember it’s an excuse for cake and flowers!

But why do you have three stoves?

8 | kaitlin

March 2nd, 2012 at 9:31 am

Three ovens? Do you know how many lemon bars I could make with three ovens? My word ;)

March 2nd, 2012 at 10:34 am

Thanks everyone!
p.s. the three stoves aren’t mine. :) I was at a “cooking night” with a small group of local ladies and we used the kitchen at their church. We basically come up with three recipes. Someone does the shopping, and we share the cooking and divvy up the food at the end!

10 | Mary @ Parenthood

March 2nd, 2012 at 11:59 am

Cooking night, eh? That sounds fun! One of these days I’m going to have a freezer so I can try that sort of thing :)

• andrea tomkins: Nope. The jar is on our window sill! It's getting the same dark/light cycle they'd have if they were on the outdoor side of the window. :)
  • Jennifer: That is really cool. I was wondering if you kept it outdoors? There is research on hatching monarchs indoors that it compromises them. They need the
  • Ted Benkhe: Jim Burns made a great point re visitation. I,m sure that the peace park will present very well after the volunteers who maintain it have worked th
  • andrea tomkins: I'm glad you find it restful Bonnie! I didn't on that day. :)
  • Bonnie Upton: I have a true love of this place. I drive to and from Ottawa from the NewmArket area to visit my sister snd now my son who attended uOttawa and has c
  • Amy: That sounds fantastic! As with most travelling, parts are much more comfortable when you're telling them afterwards, but they make a good story.
  • andrea tomkins: If I had to pick, Grundy wins! :)