17 Apr, 2012

A whole new pooch

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Westboro|dog stuff

Piper is a Wire Fox Terrier. She doesn’t shed, which is great, but the trade-off is that we need to bring her to the groomers for a clipping a few times a year.

Back in November we decided to let Piper grow a winter coat. Not only would it keep her nice and cozy during the cold months, but it would be cheaper too. Fast forward to yesterday; her winter coat had grown into an uncontrollable fuzzy mass, a thick nose-to-tail shag carpet that was making her look like a doggie version of Chewbacca. Or Bigfoot. I’m not sure which, but the situation was getting a little out of control.

Just look at this mop top.

Piper, preclip

And here she is after her visit to the groomers! She was noticeably happier to get rid of the deadweight. She practically flew home, smiling all the way. (I love how dogs smile.)

Piper, postclip

In case you’re wondering, we bring her to Masters n’ Dogs (formerly known as Bark & Fitz) in Westboro. Ask for Lena! She does a great job. It’s like having a whole new Piper!

Tags: ,

10 Responses to "A whole new pooch"

1 | Kaitlin

April 17th, 2012 at 8:38 am

My favourite dog at the dog park (who isn’t my own) is a Wheaten Terrier, who looks like a Muppet when he grows his coat out. I don’t think I’d ever want to clip my dog if he looked like a muppet ;)

2 | Chantal

April 17th, 2012 at 8:48 am

awe she is a cutie! In both photos. It almost makes me want one… almost. ;)

3 | Neeroc

April 17th, 2012 at 8:49 am

She is soooo adorable! And what a difference, you can see she knows how good she looks *g*

April 17th, 2012 at 9:47 am

Ha! Totally! Piper knows she looks great. :)

5 | Martina

April 17th, 2012 at 10:03 am

Too cute … she looks so proud!! Funny what a difference a hair-cut makes.

6 | wendy

April 17th, 2012 at 11:13 am

She really is smiling!

You can see the markings, does she have some black and beige in her hair?

Soooooo cute! I know how she feels, just ot my hair cut after 5 months!
:-)

7 | lacoop

April 17th, 2012 at 5:26 pm

OK, she does look good after the cut…but Chewbacca was awesome. Just sayin’

8 | Pam Dillon

April 17th, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I laughed out loud when I saw the new and improved Piper.
In the after version she looks like the canine version of Vanna White! : D

9 | Nadine

April 17th, 2012 at 8:41 pm

She is a stunner in both photos ! But I do love her smile and the glint in her eye in the “after” shot…

April 18th, 2012 at 8:04 am

Ha! I think both dogs – Chewbacca and Vanna White – are adorable in their own way. It’s been weird getting used to the new look though!

terra20 Ottawa

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• Lynn: WAY behind in my blog reading, but I had to comment as I catch up because I've been there - had lost days. What is it about super busy women like us t
  • ichungcusaigon.info: Cancun real estate now offers quick access to all in the modern conveniences retirees from your U. While picking a real estate agent to dedicate yo
  • SJM: My father sent epic care packages when I was at Uni - one per term. It included a 6 pack of beer and lots of food. This was when postage was much chea
  • andrea tomkins: I KNOW. It's crazy that we are now the parents of an adult. I can hardly believe it myself most days! :)
  • Allison: What!!??!! How is your daughter in university?!! That just cannot be!!! So glad to hear she is adjusting well and having fun and enjoying her classes
  • andrea tomkins: Great ideas Joy! Especially the POST-its! They're actually an expensive purchase for a student, so they'd make a nice addition to a care package.
  • joy: cute and fun - I would love to receive things like this! How about notebooks, magazines, post-it notes, seasonal treats, lip balms, gift cards for fav