24 Jun, 2013
Puppets Up! International Puppet Festival in Almonte – a new patron AND a giveaway!
We have our winners! Thanks for your entries!
A couple weeks ago I wrote about our most recent visit to Almonte. To summarize: we really enjoyed ourselves. Almonte has all the elements of a great road trip: it’s close to Ottawa and there’s lots to see and do, good things to eat, coffee, interesting sights, great shopping, history… and more.
Today’s post explores the MORE part, because there is a very important thing about Almonte that I need to share with you. It’s the Puppet Epicentre of Canada (at least that’s how I frame it in my own mind) and once a year something very special happens there. That’s why I’m so thrilled to welcome a new patron to the Fishbowl today: the Puppet’s Up! International Puppet Festival. Puppets Up! is a two-day event devoted to the fun and art of puppetry.
Mark your calendars now folks! The 2013 edition will be taking place on August 10 & 11. If you are thinking about visiting Almonte, this is THE time to do it. Puppets Up! is one of Ottawa’s most beloved summer festivals. There’s something for everyone here, not just for kids, but for kids at heart too. (Like me!)
Have a quick peek at the Puppet’s Up! website for a few details about what’s being planned for this year. A detailed schedule will be uploaded soon, but you can be sure that there will be plenty to see and do and lots of great family fun.
And here’s more good news, I have passes to give away!
- This giveaway is for TWO family passes and will be awarded to two different families. Each pass gives free admission for a family of four for both days of the 2013 festival.
- This giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
- In order for your entry to qualify you must answer the following question in the comments below: have you ever been to Almonte? If so, tell us what you like to see and do there! If not, well, that’s ok! Just say so. :)
- One entry per family please.
- If you can’t post your comment here for whatever reason you can email it to me for posting. Send it to andrea at quietfish dot com … however I cannot be responsible if your entry is misdirected or gets stuck in my Spam folder.
- Good karma goes to those who tweet or share this giveaway on Facebook. Do you know someone who would appreciate the chance to win? I bet you do. So please forward this info to them!
- The winners will be mailed their passes by the good folks at Puppets Up!
- I will choose the winners using Random.org at noon EST on Tuesday July 2, 2013.
That’s it! Over to you. And good luck!