16 Nov, 2013
Ottawa giveaway alert: connecting life’s moments with The Village Quire
Ohhh my pretties.
The Village Quire is a new Fishbowl patron and let me tell you, I’m pretty excited about it. If you know me AT ALL you know that I just adore paper and paper-related goods. Stationary, pretty wrapping paper, office supplies, they made me weak in the knees.
The Village Quire is the cutest thing that’s happened to Westboro, in, like, forever. And this time of year it’s the eye of the holiday hurricane. Shopping there is actually peaceful. I drop in when I’m walking by, even if I’m not in the market to buy anything. It’s rest for my weary soul.
The Village Quire store is positively brimming with lovely things: cards, wrapping, party supplies, all kinds of gifts and great little finds. (Have a peek and see it for yourself using Google Maps.)
Sidebar: For me, The Village Quire embodies everything about what it means to SHOP LOCAL. Shopping there is a very special experience, one that does not exist at the dollarama or in a box box store. I know the owner, and I know how much effort she puts into selecting her merchandise and in running the store. She lives in the area and her kids go to school here. When I shop in a store like this I’m basically saying, YES, I want to live in a neighborhood that has a cool assortment of independent businesses! And I hope you do too.
OK. I’ll be talking more about shopping locally next week, but right now, it’s giveaway time!
The Village Quire is ultimately about All Things That are Thoughtful. Everything here is essentially about connecting, and sharing meaningful moments with friends and loved ones. Sending a card, writing a note, tying a pretty bow on a gift… there are a million ways to show someone you care, and make some great memories while you’re at it.
The Village Quire is giving Fishbowl readers a chance to create some special memories of their very own with two different packages. The winner gets to pick which one!
1) The Very Merry Holiday Package – It contains festive holiday photo props, a pretty peppermint garland, and a pack of holiday cards (because everyone needs cards right?):
Not sure how to use photo props? Let Molly show you how it’s done:
You can also tape some Christmas paper to the wall, bring out the accessories, and VOILA, you have a holiday photobooth at your next party or family gathering! Neat eh?
2) The Sparkling Holiday Package: This one will appeal to the Glitterati among us. It contains glittery party photo accessories, a gorgeous garland, and gold stickers (perfect for decorating special packages). It’d be a neat thing to have around for New Year’s too:
Would you like to win one? It’s easy.
- In order for your entry to qualify, please leave a comment below and tell me which package you’d like to win. That’s it. If your name is chosen you will win the package you mentioned in your comment.
- This giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
- If you can’t post your comment for whatever reason you can email it to me for posting at andrea at quietfish dot com. Please note, I cannot be responsible if your entry is misdirected or gets stuck in my Spam folder.
- I will draw one name using Random.org at noon EST on November 23, 2013. I’ll contact the winner via email, who will have to pick up their chosen prize at The Village Quire (312 Richmond Rd, Ottawa) in a timely manner.
- The Village Quire is on Facebook. Liking their page is not a requirement of this giveaway but it’s a great way of keeping up with news, local events, and 411 about other local businesses.
- There’s a second giveaway going on right here on their website. You can enter that one too!
I’d also like to take this opportunity to mention that if you’re a fan of shopping local like I am, do consider spreading the word about your own favourite independent stores. You’re doing a world of good when you do: making our city a better place to live, boosting your local economy, and helping families like your own.