29 Mar, 2014

Weekend reading: March 29 edition

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Weekend reading

I’ve decided that I’m going to start sharing short lists of articles that I’ve enjoyed over the past week. I’ll post a new list every Saturday morning, just in time for weekend reading over coffee. Warning! It’s going to be a mixed bag (what can I say, I have diverse interests!) but who knows, maybe you’ll find something interesting in there too.

7 Responses to "Weekend reading: March 29 edition"

1 | Guido

March 29th, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Like this new feature, and found your selection interesting.

2 | andrea tomkins

March 30th, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Thanks!

3 | Meaghan

March 31st, 2014 at 9:17 am

Thanks so much for sharing! Those were great articles. Saturday morning reads for you = Monday morning procrastination for me. :)

4 | andrea tomkins

March 31st, 2014 at 9:29 am

Haha! Glad it worked out Meaghan! :)

5 | Lisa from Iroquois

March 31st, 2014 at 8:28 pm

The articles you shared were interesting. I surprized myself by reading them all. I look forward to your next list.

6 | Laurel

April 1st, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Cool! Ummm is it odd that I read 3 of the 4:) ?? Great minds—–“)

7 | andrea tomkins

April 2nd, 2014 at 9:36 am

Not odd at all! :)

• andrea tomkins: Nope. The jar is on our window sill! It's getting the same dark/light cycle they'd have if they were on the outdoor side of the window. :)
  • Jennifer: That is really cool. I was wondering if you kept it outdoors? There is research on hatching monarchs indoors that it compromises them. They need the
  • Ted Benkhe: Jim Burns made a great point re visitation. I,m sure that the peace park will present very well after the volunteers who maintain it have worked th
  • andrea tomkins: I'm glad you find it restful Bonnie! I didn't on that day. :)
  • Bonnie Upton: I have a true love of this place. I drive to and from Ottawa from the NewmArket area to visit my sister snd now my son who attended uOttawa and has c
  • Amy: That sounds fantastic! As with most travelling, parts are much more comfortable when you're telling them afterwards, but they make a good story.
  • andrea tomkins: If I had to pick, Grundy wins! :)