07 Nov, 2006

let’s play a little animal rummy

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Oh! Things!

Animal rummy

(more ValVill finds to post later!)

Print this post Print this post

4 Responses to "let’s play a little animal rummy"

1 | Marla

November 7th, 2006 at 5:42 pm

*darts green spiraling pupils from protruding orbs your way*

2 | Sheila

November 8th, 2006 at 12:29 pm

Charming illustrations. Kind of sad how “Gay Dog” will elicit snickering now. Even young kids seem to pick up “Gay” as a pejorative term. My 18-yr old says it is widely used as an insulting term among her cohort. I know language evolves and I treasure that, but the changes are not always for the better. How do your girls react to that word?

November 8th, 2006 at 1:14 pm

Sheila: They don’t react. They haven’t asked and we haven’t told them. Yet. When they do ask (and they will, because Emma is reading now) I’m going to tell her that the word originally meant “happy” but has changed to become an insult. Perhaps I’ll be able to leave it at that. *sigh*

4 | a peek inside the fish bowl

November 11th, 2007 at 9:58 am

[...] I love ValVillage for the board games. But like any secondhand purchase, it’s about luck when it comes to actually finding (a) a good game and (b) you have to accept the risk that pieces might be missing. For this reason, I haven’t been brave enough to buy puzzles, but I have had good luck buying vintage games here before. [...]

NAC Ottawa family events

Saunders Farm annual passes for family fun!

Joan of Arc Academy in Ottawa

OMS Ottawa Montessori schools

Sara McConnell photography Ottawa

Rethink Tires - Community Renewal Fund

terra20 Ottawa

• Brenda A: We are quite over due for a family photo! The last time was 5 years ago. With kids, things change so much in that time. Thanks for the chance for a se
  • Emily Smith: The portraits of your family are beautiful!The last time we had a family session was 1 year ago. I'd love to have another one, since the kids have cha
  • Amanda: Took family photos in April when my baby was only three months old. They were cute but he didn't smile much then so they were all pretty serious! Now
  • TD: Professionally, 10 years ago
  • Tammy: It has been seven years since the last time we had family photos taken. My older son was 5 back then, and now he is taller than me...
  • Ginny: The last time we had family photos done was also with Sara, when we were just a family of 3, in January 2014. Baby #2 is due any day now!
  • Rebecca: The last time we had pictures done was 3 years ago this fall.

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (15) and Sarah (13). I am the editor of the Kitchissippi Times and a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 1000 lunches and counting

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's the latest:

Created with flickr badge.

Sideblog

... check out past nightstand reads right here.

On this date in the archives