22 Nov, 2006

Too funny

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Links and other procrastination

A psych class of 700 students is asked to draw a turkey on the last page of their midterm. Here are the results.

Worthy of note:

9 folks drew a cooked Butterball turkey

5 had their turkey saying “eat me!” … but 6 had the turkey protest “don’t eat me!”

17 turkeys were gobble, gobble-ing

21 wished a Happy Thanksgiving

8 wore a hat

108 were “left handed” … 72 were “right handed” …

I find it hilarious that so many people drew it using a technique we all some of us learned when we were five years old.

6 Responses to "Too funny"

1 | Lex

November 22nd, 2006 at 4:48 pm

This technique is BRAND new to me! Who knew your hand could be a turkey! I kinda feel like I should be kidding, but I’m not.

November 22nd, 2006 at 8:16 pm

Lex: REALLY?? I feel sooo sorry that your childhood is empty of paper turkeys! :)

(Psst, here’s some detailed instructions, in case you want to try it yourself.)

Please tell me, at the very least you made one of these when you were a kid.

If not I’m going to have to storm your old elementary school and ask some serious questions.

3 | Rhea

November 22nd, 2006 at 8:21 pm

It’s been years since I’ve thought of those turkeys drawn by putting your hand on the paper. I guess kindergartens all over North America use this technique.

4 | Parasol

November 22nd, 2006 at 8:33 pm

My favourite is the one with the live turkey looking to a cooked turkey saying, “Dad?”

That’s my favourite.

Great link, thanks for sharing.

5 | Lex

November 24th, 2006 at 10:50 am

um… nope. I think I’ve seen those paper plate turkeys on a tv show though.

Does it help to know that I had real turkeys? And a pony? And that my elementary school had a forest, took us on nature walks and raise LOTS of animals in the courtyard? We made egg candles, yoghurt, escargot, and macrame (it was the 70’s after all).

It’s one of the reasons I LOVE reading your blog. I get to see what cool stuff other non-hippy-dippy kids got to do.

November 24th, 2006 at 11:27 am

Lex: from bunching beans to dining with dignitaries! lol

And please don’t ever tell my daughter you had a pony.