18 Dec, 2006

DIY gifts part four: the sock dog

Posted by andrea tomkins in: File under crafty

My sock dog

Handmade projects are the best; best to give, best to receive. But not all of us can sew/knit/crochet. In fact, some of us are not even remotely able to make sewy things. And there are soooo many cute projects out there. Finally, here’s a cute sewing project for the non-sewer. (It’s so easy even I can do it! Really! That’s my sock dog pictured above!)

Here are the instructions: page one and page two. [Links go to  PDFs formerly hosted on the MSL website. They are not documents of my own making.]

I’ve made a couple of these doggies. The socks above were ones I bought at the dollar store, and all it took was a bit of thread, a bit of stuffing and a couple nights in front of the telly.

Got a sock dog of your own? Or perhaps a sock bunny or a traditional sock monkey? If so I’d love to see it!

8 Responses to "DIY gifts part four: the sock dog"

1 | Zhenia

December 18th, 2006 at 2:07 pm

Eeeeeee! I love this dog.

2 | Sarakastic

December 18th, 2006 at 4:07 pm

That’s adorable I love the use of patterned socks, i hadn’t thought about that. Thanks for sharing.

3 | Pearl

December 28th, 2006 at 8:53 pm

That’s fun. I have a sock monkey. If he gets lonesome, I can make him a companion, or a pet.

4 | Scattered Mom

November 29th, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Omg, that is so cute! Perfect for my dog loving step daughter.

5 | rlp

February 27th, 2010 at 11:03 am

I really love the pup!Its just so perfect,I’ve never thought of doing that.I’ve made a sockmonkey before but never a dog,I’ll be sure to make one!

6 | Courtney

September 12th, 2010 at 12:45 pm

I love the dog, and i would like to make it, but the links arent working :/

7 | UsedEverywhere | Eight things to do with stray socks - UsedEverywhere

April 7th, 2014 at 6:58 pm

[…] 4 – Sock dogs. Once upon a time I made some gifts. They are surprisingly easy to make, even for someone like myself. Photos and instructions over here. […]

8 | Aaron Keniry

March 15th, 2016 at 8:01 pm

I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website. Studying this info So i am happy to express that I have a very good uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I such a lot indisputably will make certain to do not omit this web site and give it a look on a constant basis.

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• andrea tomkins: Lisa, I just LOVE the idea of cheeseburgers for breakfast. Sounds like the perfect hot meal, especially for growing kids!
  • andrea tomkins: The amount of sugar in grocery store products is positively astounding. Caesar salad dressing! Pita crisps! Ketchup! Battered fish! I wish I had a bet
  • Amy: I've recently been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, it's made me take a lot harder look at all the sugar in my diet. Even though I was trying to
  • Lisa from Iroqouis: I have no problem with ribs for breakfast. I love leftovers in the morning. No fuss no muss. Isn't that what leftover Chinese food and pizza is for
  • andrea tomkins: Food traditions are so interesting! I could continue to eat like this, but meat is my stumbling block. I would prefer to eat less of it, not more. I c
  • Claudette: I also prefer veg to fruit in the morning. The other day I was watching an episode of a cattle farmer and they don't eat anything until 10:30 am s
  • Misty Pratt: I read that NYT article (the one about reducing your sugar?) and went to check a few things in our cupboards. I was happy to see the Farm Boy pita cra