03 Jun, 2007

I bought some art! (look!)

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Oh! Things!

And I am in love with it. All three pieces. Eeep!

Check it:

DSC_1800.JPG 400

(a few more at my flickr)

The artist is Michele Rose. I bought it on Sunday at Art in the Park in the Glebe. This event is by far the best place to buy art.

I am so happy with my purchase!

13 Responses to "I bought some art! (look!)"

1 | PrettyInTheCity

June 4th, 2007 at 7:32 am

The way she mixed the colors is so beautiful.

I am happy for you too. Art is a therapy. ;p

2 | Lara

June 4th, 2007 at 7:46 am

I went to art in the park for the first time yesterday – so amazing! I need a bigger house so I can have wall space to buy some of that stuff. And some really affordable stuff!!
Congrats on the great buys! :)

June 4th, 2007 at 7:54 am

Lara – thank you! And was it just me, or has Art in the Park become HUGE and impossible to navigate? I think there must have been 200+ exhibitors. I found it a little crazy and hard to know where to start.

It made me realize I like a little order in my wandering. :)

4 | porter

June 4th, 2007 at 10:20 am

Gosh, I sure missed out on so much when I lived in Ottawa as a student. All I ever did was hit the bars, Giant Tiger, and a few other places. I feel so sad that I missed out on so much that the city has to offer, its such a great place.

5 | Sharon

June 4th, 2007 at 11:07 am

Very Nice. I miss being artsy!

6 | twinmomplusone

June 4th, 2007 at 12:14 pm

congrats on an amazing find! love them!!!

7 | bubandpie

June 4th, 2007 at 1:40 pm

Gasp! You are the queen of little lovely things, Andrea.

9 | Lara

June 5th, 2007 at 6:30 am

It was enormous!! I couldn’t believe it! We kept getting turned around. Such an amazing event though – I can’t believe I’d never been to it before!!

10 | BeachMama

June 5th, 2007 at 7:13 am

Those are so beautiful! Are they painted on blocks of wood? Such a cool canvas either way.

11 | twinmomplusone

June 5th, 2007 at 12:37 pm

i had to come back for another peak, I’ve been thinking a bout them since yesterday…love their 3 dimensionality (cubes, how neat) and the triptych nature of it and that the theme is scenery (my favorite)

sigh, I want some too…

June 5th, 2007 at 12:41 pm

BeachMama: they are indeed blocks of wood. And I love them more each day! I’m so glad I bought them.

13 | debra

June 6th, 2007 at 8:05 am

Lovely little painting. And thank you for supporting your local artist by buying art. Art comes from the heart through the hands. Glad to have found your blog.

• a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive Look who I found! - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] He (or she) was just hanging out on a hosta. He’s the only one I’ve seen from our brood. […]
  • andrea tomkins: Me too! I am REALLY looking forward to it. We didn't get to go last year so I'm really counting on it this summer!
  • Ginger: I hope COVID-19 doesn't take away your camping trip!
  • andrea tomkins: It's going to be tough. The problem is that everyone seems to have a different tolerance. Some people think it's no big deal, while others haven't lef
  • Ginger: I'm that person too. I liked my personal space before this, but now...I would prefer even more than 6 feet please!
  • andrea tomkins: We have a natural gas BBQ but we bought this portable one a few years back fo camping and/or picnics. I loooove the smell of burning charcoal! And yes
  • Corvid: You have a charcoal grill *and* a gas bbq? Or just charcoal? I have both. Charcoal flavour is unique/delish. What restaurant is that?