01 May, 2008

Speaking of Mother’s Day…

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Oh! Things!

What’s on your wishlist?

Do you crave a day at the spa? Breakfast in bed? A lovely dinner? Something shiny? Do tell.

(Me, I have my eye on a couple of things from Lee Valley. Oh, and anything from my Etsy favourites!)

11 Responses to "Speaking of Mother’s Day…"

1 | Denise

May 1st, 2008 at 11:35 am

for mothers day, slow time with my family. non playstation. no t.v. a hike at Shubie Park in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Visit my mom and dad. have breakfast with the whole extended family (nieces and nephews included) at a favourite diner. buy some pretty, nice smelling flowers and put them on the table by an open window.

2 | Mary Lynn

May 1st, 2008 at 12:13 pm

We have plans to go to a nice brunch place, maybe spend some fun play time with the kids at a park or somesuch, then visit my husbands mom and dad for dinner.

Don’t really have much in the way of things that I want…never wear jewelry and I have yet to book at appointment to use the pedicure gift certificate Santa left in my stocking (one of these days…). A bouquet of flowers might be nice.

3 | mark

May 1st, 2008 at 12:50 pm

That’s my wife ! A concrete mixer for Mother’s Day.

4 | Hillary

May 1st, 2008 at 1:24 pm

First of all, sorry for the generic comment…

I know either you read or have read my blog at some point and/or I really enjoy YOUR blog. I need to make my blog private for a time and possibly move to a new URL. If you are interested in continuing to read (even ocasionally, no commitment for daily reading required!) I want to invite you to my private blog.

If you’d like an invite, please go to my site via my name here in the comments and follow the directions.

Sorry to be such a pain. :P

Have a happy day!

5 | Marla

May 1st, 2008 at 5:05 pm

Peace and Quiet.

And perennials for my garden, and the time to plant them. Then a bath with a bourbon and a trashy magazine.

6 | porter

May 1st, 2008 at 5:07 pm

Your concrete mixer cracked me up…just wondering what the heck do you want that for?

I asked my husband not to buy me anything for mothers day because our gift is definitely everything we are currently doing to the house (the pool and such). However, I did ask for some time to myself…I know it probably sounds terrible, being ‘mother’s’ day an all…but I really, really, need some time all alone to do whatever I feel like doing.

We plan on doing something with the rest of the family later in the day….all the men are cooking-sweet.

7 | Soire

May 1st, 2008 at 7:45 pm

It’s a daddy weekend, so I’m getting exactly what I need – a day off to sleep in, rake my yard, and get ready to plant my effing tomatoes.

May 2nd, 2008 at 8:20 am

It’s interesting to see how many moms are craving peace and quiet. :)

re: the concrete mixer
I have crafty plans for it! Bwah hah!

9 | Laura

May 2nd, 2008 at 10:27 am

Being covered in wet slobbery kisses and hugs of my boys. That would make my mothers day perfect.

10 | smothermother

May 2nd, 2008 at 10:28 am

ooohhh, I like the perenials idea, plus the time to plant them and play in the garden.

This being only my second mother’s day (Max just turned one) I’m still new at this and don’t mind the time I get to spend with him now that I am back at work! Though I am sure that in a couple of years I will be asking for some alone time too!

11 | Sharon

May 6th, 2008 at 3:35 pm

IF they remember it’s mothers day. I would like ssomeone to cook me a four course meal. Ok just a meal would be nice. And to be able to go to Chapters pick out a book go home and read, while my kids sit beside me reading and my hubby bringing me a martini or two or three.

OH you want reality?
Yumm Hot Dog on the BBQ and a beer and book that I have.

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• andrea tomkins: Lisa, I just LOVE the idea of cheeseburgers for breakfast. Sounds like the perfect hot meal, especially for growing kids!
  • andrea tomkins: The amount of sugar in grocery store products is positively astounding. Caesar salad dressing! Pita crisps! Ketchup! Battered fish! I wish I had a bet
  • Amy: I've recently been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, it's made me take a lot harder look at all the sugar in my diet. Even though I was trying to
  • Lisa from Iroqouis: I have no problem with ribs for breakfast. I love leftovers in the morning. No fuss no muss. Isn't that what leftover Chinese food and pizza is for
  • andrea tomkins: Food traditions are so interesting! I could continue to eat like this, but meat is my stumbling block. I would prefer to eat less of it, not more. I c
  • Claudette: I also prefer veg to fruit in the morning. The other day I was watching an episode of a cattle farmer and they don't eat anything until 10:30 am s
  • Misty Pratt: I read that NYT article (the one about reducing your sugar?) and went to check a few things in our cupboards. I was happy to see the Farm Boy pita cra