30 Dec, 2008

Please finish this sentence:

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Please finish this sentence

For breakfast I like to eat …

(all that stuff about pancakes got me wondering.)

20 Responses to "Please finish this sentence:"

December 30th, 2008 at 2:09 pm

… All-bran buds and a sprinkling of granola. Or if it’s a special treat I like fresh bagels, cream cheese and smoked salmon. Yum.

2 | Krista

December 30th, 2008 at 2:44 pm

Bran Flakes with a few spoons of ground flax seeds and mixed frozen berries (nuked first for 30 seconds). And coffee.

3 | Mark

December 30th, 2008 at 2:49 pm

I “like” to eat 8 strips of bacon, two eggs over easy cooked in the bacon grease, toast…cooked in the bacon grease, fresh squeezed orange juice and some breakfast sausages on the side (10).

What I really eat though is Multigrain cheerios and Bran Buds…every…single…morning.

4 | LO

December 30th, 2008 at 2:51 pm

For breakfast I ‘like to eat’ a chocolate milkshake and scrambled eggs, bacon and yummy home fries. BUT what I usually eat is nothing…………until later in the morning…..

5 | Scatteredmom

December 30th, 2008 at 2:59 pm

2 pieces of whole wheat toast, lightly toasted and buttered, topped with home made jam. Add to that a glass of milk and a cup of good coffee.

On special occasions, pancakes or french toast is good too.

6 | Jenn

December 30th, 2008 at 3:18 pm

Bircher muesli- a swiss treat I often make with toasted oats or very simple granola cereal, dried fruits (raisins and apricots, sometimes cherries or cranberries) fresh berries, almonds, finely julienned apple and enough yogurt to “dress” it all, finished with a drizzle of local honey. SO YUMMY

7 | Nicol

December 30th, 2008 at 3:22 pm

Breakfast! Who has time for breakfast? Most days I am too busy feeding Livy breakfast that I forget to actually sit down and eat it myself.

8 | mrsgryphon

December 30th, 2008 at 3:29 pm

I usually just have a bowl of cereal (Oatmeal Raisin Crisp) or hot oatmeal (with raisins)… theme?! My favourite breakfast-type meal is scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and strawberry jam but I usually will make that for lunch instead!

9 | ian

December 30th, 2008 at 3:44 pm

I could eat breakfast 24×7.
Bacon – good.
Eggs – good.
Homefries/Hashbrowns – good.
Toast – good.

What’s not to love?
Of course when that blood test comes back and the Dr. yells at me… ;-)

On a normal day I’ll eat 2 eggs (protein in the morning, try to hold off on carbs until later in the day) and 4 coffee’s (give or take a few)

10 | Lynn

December 30th, 2008 at 4:45 pm

I’m the same as Krista…frozen berries nuked for 30 seconds, with bran flakes and milk. In fact…I got this breakfast from my good friend KRISTA. Krista, is that you?

11 | Julie

December 30th, 2008 at 4:55 pm

I have eaten oatmeal almost every day since I was old enough to eat it. In fact, when there is no oatmeal, I feel a bit lost and wonder what to eat. There are exceptions of course, like travelling, but even when we go out for breakfast I have a bowl of oatmeal first. And two cups of coffee.

12 | Krista

December 30th, 2008 at 5:58 pm

Yes Lynn, it is ME! :-)

13 | Mary Lynn

December 30th, 2008 at 7:58 pm

…a variety of things. Most mornings I eat either berries, yogurt and granola OR toast and jam OR cereal (a mix of Just Right and Oatmeal Raisin Crisp) and milk. On weekends, though, we usually have bacon and eggs one morning and pancakes (or waffles) and sausage the other morning.

14 | BeachMama

December 31st, 2008 at 8:07 am

Cereal. Cereal. And more Cereal… I eat all different ones, but mostly Special K, Rice Krispies, the ones where you can eat a lot for little calorie value.

We save pancakes for lunch or supper.

15 | Jen

December 31st, 2008 at 8:38 am

I *love* to eat bacon, eggs, homefries with onions, and white buttered toast for breakfast.

I *actually* eat a whole wheat english muffin with light cheese, fruit and a fat-free yoghurt.

*sigh*

16 | Marla

December 31st, 2008 at 11:21 am

Go Lean Crunch over plain yogurt with some raspberries – or an egg, avocado, bacon and tomato burrito. Or, Josie’s waffle crusts and the last scrapings of her applesauce. But always with coffee.

17 | Jonathan

December 31st, 2008 at 12:07 pm

I like to have wheat berries covered with cinnamon mixed with vanilla-flavoured natural yoghurt and blueberries.

18 | Porter

January 2nd, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Your readers/commenters are so healthy…cereal, multigrain, fruit, my gosh! I LIKE to eat leftovers like Thai food, pizza, or leftover Christmas dinner, that type of thing! Otherwise I find it really hard to eat breakie…coffee is what I typically ‘eat’ before 11am.

19 | Jennifer

January 5th, 2009 at 10:22 am

Baked goods and a juice or tea. I had carrot cake with cream cheese icing this morning and it was wonderful! I was so happy Boxing Day when I got to have leftover apple pie for breakfast.

I used to have cereal regularly for breakfast, but since I switched to a later start at work in the spring, I like something more portable I can eat in the car.

20 | J.