12 Jan, 2009

Please finish this sentence:

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Please finish this sentence

If I had one wish*, I would wish for…

* and no wishing for extra wishes!

20 Responses to "Please finish this sentence:"

1 | Nicol

January 12th, 2009 at 12:53 am

a few extra hours in the day so I can catch up on sleep. :)

2 | J.

January 12th, 2009 at 6:21 am

to buy the house that A. wants in the country

3 | words words

January 12th, 2009 at 7:16 am

Can we wish for super powers? ‘Cause, I’ve got a list….

4 | Virtually There

January 12th, 2009 at 7:17 am

a night where I do not go into a two-year old’s room to get her back to sleep around 2:00 am. Mummy, lay on my bed! Ugh. Enough.

January 12th, 2009 at 8:31 am

I think I would do like words words: superpowers. Why wish for anything else???

7 | Julie

January 12th, 2009 at 8:32 am

a calm peace to sweep over my troubled boy.

8 | vanessa

January 12th, 2009 at 10:58 am

coleones cavalry & get custers first stand

January 12th, 2009 at 1:16 pm

When I was a kid, wishing was serious business. I was secretly afraid of messing up my wish. This was especially true for birthday/shooting star kinds of wishes, you know, the BIGGIES.

The trick is to be as specific as possible about your wish. Because if you left out a detail out it could totally backfire on you.

So for example, I could wish for a pony, but what if the wish came true and I got a pony but it lived on a farm far away? A smart person (i.e. me) would wish for their own HORSE FARM that is within ten minutes driving distance.

January 12th, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Here’s the other issue: should you wish small or should you wish big?

Is it better to wish away 15 lbs., or world hunger?

(Spending too much time thinking about this today!) ;)

12 | Sharon

January 12th, 2009 at 4:05 pm

I would wish for an end to war EVERYWHERE

13 | Krista

January 12th, 2009 at 4:10 pm

eternal good health for me and my loved ones

14 | Katie Valentine

January 12th, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Usually I say selfless things. Like please let it be that my children grow up happy and healthy and successful.

Sometimes it’d be something silly like please give me the ability to spell.

Today? Today I ask for the the upcoming extensive, expensive, and horribly, constantly expanding renovations already be finished beautifully, quickly, perfectly, and freeeeeeee.

15 | Cheryl

January 12th, 2009 at 8:42 pm

…one more day with my dad.

(great blog by the way, I’ve been enjoying it for a few months now…)

16 | Kerry

January 13th, 2009 at 2:56 pm

A super-fast super-cheap means of traveling out west to see my family on a more regular basis. :-)

17 | plastikgyrl

January 13th, 2009 at 8:34 pm

A no-strings arrangement where someone pays my rent and allows me to pull the kids out and home school.

18 | Jonathan

January 13th, 2009 at 8:53 pm

If I had one wish, I would wish for one more visit with my friend Joanna who died this morning from an embolism. Our visit always consisted of a nice, warm, genuine hug from Joanna and a very pleasant conversation about how we and our families are doing, which would always end on a positive note. I will miss her.

19 | Susan

January 15th, 2009 at 4:45 pm

… my family`s non-life-threatening, non-debilitating, but still-difficult health issues to be resolved.

20 | Sharon

January 17th, 2009 at 8:58 am

To develope a way to be skinny and toned without all the work.

Not the best thing when there are many more serious issues but It would be awesome.