22 May, 2010

Someone took a chance and loaned us a car …

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Oh! Things!

In case you were wondering about something I tweeted last night:

… allow me to explain.

roadster

roadster

flyaway

the man behind the wheel

Road trip to Manotick

… and so we did what any sane person would do, took it on a mini-road trip to Manotick and had dinner at the Black Dog Bistro. (If you go, I highly recommend the Black Dog grilled sandwich with sweet potato fries. Carnivores should try the ribs.)

The drive itself wasn’t exactly smooth sailing, and I should have worn a glam scarf and tied it fashionably under my chin, but it sure was nice to be able to stick my arms straight up into the air and wave at the people we passed on the highway.

6 Responses to "Someone took a chance and loaned us a car …"

1 | Carrie Anne

May 22nd, 2010 at 8:48 am

I too love the idea of convertibles but my hair looks so knarly afterwards. Love the pics, especially the side mirror view. I love contrasting where you’re going to where you’ve been.

2 | BeachMama

May 22nd, 2010 at 8:51 pm

How fun that you got to borrow a convertible. I drove one for 8 years and I miss it still. trick for the hair is to keep the opposite window up :). I could never get a scarf to stay on my head and hats always distracted my driving.

3 | Jen_nifer

May 22nd, 2010 at 11:36 pm

The car my husband had when we first started dating did not have A/C, so windows down was the rule in summer. I kept a scarf in his glove compartment to deal with this effect.

4 | Thomas

May 23rd, 2010 at 11:43 am

While I would really like to say that I am happy for you, I am mostly feeling envy!

I greatly miss my convertible which I sold when my now nearly teen age daughter was born. She is, most of the time, worth the sacrifice!

5 | coffee with julie

May 25th, 2010 at 10:46 am

Oh, YUM! I love the Black Dog! (Next time, give me a ring and let me know you’re going to be in the ‘Tick!) Great photos, you talented girl, you! :)

6 | Shan @ the fairy blogmother

May 26th, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Looks like fun! I should do the same thing. We have a mini van, but my husband is a windows down kinda guy. Not so great for the hair.

• Jennifer: That is really cool. I was wondering if you kept it outdoors? There is research on hatching monarchs indoors that it compromises them. They need the
  • Ted Benkhe: Jim Burns made a great point re visitation. I,m sure that the peace park will present very well after the volunteers who maintain it have worked th
  • andrea tomkins: I'm glad you find it restful Bonnie! I didn't on that day. :)
  • Bonnie Upton: I have a true love of this place. I drive to and from Ottawa from the NewmArket area to visit my sister snd now my son who attended uOttawa and has c
  • Amy: That sounds fantastic! As with most travelling, parts are much more comfortable when you're telling them afterwards, but they make a good story.
  • andrea tomkins: If I had to pick, Grundy wins! :)
  • Shawn: What did u like more, Restoule or Grundy? Thank you Shawn