14 Oct, 2010

Come to a dinner party with me and 400 Ottawans (oh, and Jim Cuddy)

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Ottawa|Publishing/writing/career stuff|Yaktivism

As some of you may already know, I’m on the board of the Youth Services of Ottawa Charitable Foundation.

I’d like you to join me and more than 400 of Ottawa’s community, business, media, and political leaders, as well as Blue Rodeo’s Jim Cuddy, for the Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa Charitable Foundation’s Dream. Believe. Achieve gala.

This is an inaugural gala for the YSB …  and will go a long way to raising funds for some amazing life-changing programs that help young people right here in this community.

Did you know that every month between 2,500 and 3,000 youth and families come to YSB looking for safe and stable housing, mental health counseling, employment support, and community reintegration programs?

That’s a lot of families who need a helping hand.

And that’s why you should come.

Individual tickets are $125.00. In exchange for forking over your hard-earned cash you’ll be treated to an elegant evening which will feature a cocktail reception, a gourmet dinner, live and silent auctions AND an intimate performance by Jim Cuddy.

Hello! Made-in-Canada JIM CUDDY!

I’m finally allowed to share a huge secret with you too! You will be able to bid on (and hopefully win) a serenade delivered by Jim himself. Can you imagine him singing this song (for example) TO YOU?:

You know you want this.

I am melting into a huge puddle just thinking about it.

The fun starts at 6:00 PM on November 25, 2010 at the Westin Hotel. Please join us! You can buy tickets online over here.

p.s. if you can’t attend, that’s ok! Consider making a donation instead. :)

Read about my involvement with YSB here and please consider making a donation for Team Andrea

Looking for other ways to help? Blogging, tweeting, and spreading the word however you can to friends/neighbours/co-workers about this event would be a huge help to me and to my friends at YSB.

Thank you! I hope to see some of you there on the 25th!

Tags: ,

9 Responses to "Come to a dinner party with me and 400 Ottawans (oh, and Jim Cuddy)"

1 | Melissa

October 14th, 2010 at 8:04 am

OMG. What a time for Dh to be unemployed and me to not be able to justify the cost of a ticket! I’ve been a massive Jim Cuddy fan for 20 years now. Poo!

I’ll be green with envy for everyone who does get to go, though — what a great cause!

2 | Maranda

October 14th, 2010 at 8:12 am

Sounds like an amazing night! I have had the hugest crush on JC for decades, love him. Hope I can find a way to attend.

3 | zchamu

October 14th, 2010 at 11:39 am

Oooh. I like galas with pretty dresses and dinners and auctions for good causes. Whee!

4 | The Moffman

October 14th, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Sounds like a great time. We’re going to try to line up babysitting etc. to make this happen!

5 | Betsy Mae

October 14th, 2010 at 9:38 pm

OMG!!!! I LOVE him, LOVE him, LOVE him. My husband played Blue Rodeo for me on our first date.

Seriously?? Dinner, and an performance by Jim Cuddy? What a STEAL. How did you keep this a secret?

October 15th, 2010 at 7:00 am

He is awesome, isn’t he?

Betsy Mae – I’m on the planning committee for the gala and it’s something we’ve been talking about. Now that it’s all official and confirmed I was finally able to share!

7 | Carolyn HP

October 16th, 2010 at 8:38 am

Jim Cuddy is awesome, what a great cause for him to support; I’ve seen him live often with Blue Rodeo. I love his solo music too!

What a great event, not sure I can make it as my work doesn’t allow us to book off much time from now until after the holidays as it’s our busy season…

This is going to be such a success! Will try to donate, but passed info along to get the word out there for such a great cause.

8 | Help young people Dream. Believe. Achieve. >> a peek inside the fishbowl

November 24th, 2010 at 2:15 pm

[…] ago I wrote about my involvement with the Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa. I also wrote about a big gala fundraising event starring Jim Cuddy. WELL, the big night is TOMORROW and there are a handful of tickets left. I’d love nothing […]

9 | nabila

January 30th, 2018 at 7:25 am

First off I wannt to say awesome blog! I hhad a quick question in which I’d like to ask if yoou don’t mind.

I was inmterested to know how you center yourself and clear your mind before
writing. I’ve had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting mmy ideas out there.
I truly do take peasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to
15 minutes tend to be lost simply just trying to figure out howw to begin. Any ideas or tips?
Appreciate it!