24 Dec, 2010
Hourly photo project: Christmas Day 2010
Posted by andrea tomkins in: Photography
Lara asked me if I was going to undertake another Hourly Photo Challenge on Christmas Day. I was already thinking of doing it, but wasn’t going to post about it. But then I considered it for 1.2 seconds and figured, why the heck not post about it?
Here are last year’s results.
As per previous Hourly Photos – this is how it works:
- The idea is to take one photo every hour, on the hour, for the whole day. Christmas = chaos, so don’t worry about precision. We can only do our best!
- We’re calling it Xmas 12 – the ultimate goal is to end up with at least 12 photos.
- Use whatever camera or mobile device you prefer. I’m using in iPhone, because it’s easy. Post them to your blog and/or your photosharing site as you are able. Just make sure you let us know in the comments below where you’re posting them so we can all have a look. Tag your photos “xmas12” so they’re easy to find. If you’re on Twitter use #xmas12 so we can follow the convo.
- Would you like to make this extra challenging for yourself? DON’T DO RETAKES. (!) This is not mandatory but I thought I’d throw it out there in case you’re the kind of person who likes a challenge. :)
- I also wanted to add that you don’t need to be a photographer in order to participate. I know some people are shy to post their photos, but this is not a contest or competition, it’s about documenting your day in an easy and interesting way and seeing how others do the same.
- Here’s a tip, if you have a mobile phone with an alarm clock set it for one minute before the hour i.e. at 7:59, 8:59 etc. This will give you a solid minute to get your camera ready and snap The Thing You Happened To Be Doing.
Please consider playing along! It’s really interesting to see what other people are doing at the same time you are. (Um, that is, if in the same time zone, but if not, that’s okay too.)
Also: it’s not a problem if you can’t upload as you go. Upload in batches when you have the chance. Or even the next day.
If you’re participating please let me know in the comments so I can see the results of your hard work, and if you’re happy to lurk, look for the Hourly Photo post starting sometime tomorrow morning. :) Woot!