19 Dec, 2010

Piper the puppy is a puppy no longer

Posted by andrea tomkins in: dog stuff

Today is Piper’s birthday. She’s exactly a year old.

When we brought her home back in March she looked like this:

Puppylove

Piper wears a sweater

At that time there was a smidge of doubt in my heart, but in hindsight it turned out to be the best decision we ever made. Even thought it was a lot of work. :)

She has become a furry fifth member of our family.

She has us laughing every day.

She loves to get her snoot in the snow, and I love watching her bound across unbroken snow like a jackrabbit. She loves her furry squeaky foxy toy and lives to play tug-of war with anyone who’ll offer. She thinks she’s a lap dog. She comes running when she hears someone pulling the ice-cube tray out of the freezer and if someone drops an empty toilet paper tube. She has inherited a terrible terrier stubborn streak and will do many things; sit, shake a paw, sit-up (a.k.a sit pretty), do a dance (a.k.a stand up on her hind legs), and lie down and roll over but only if there’s a cookie in your hand.

Clearly, she’s smarter than us.

Formal portrait

Piper looking out the front door

The CONE

Did someone say COOKIE?

squeak

Do a dance!

PLEASE

Gettin' a brushin'

Piper and Foxy

chewed up

Piper jumps

Piper's favourite passtime

snoot

Itchy outtake

Happy Birthday Piper! We love you very much.

Piper

9 Responses to "Piper the puppy is a puppy no longer"

1 | Bob LeDrew

December 19th, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Love the half-closed eyes of ecstasy in the picture with Emma (?) and the hairbrush.

2 | Carly

December 19th, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Seriously one of the cutest dogs I’ve ever seen. Happy birthday Piper!

3 | Scatteredmom

December 20th, 2010 at 2:14 am

SO adorable. Almost makes me want one!

4 | Valerie

December 20th, 2010 at 9:56 am

you have some seriously cute and awesomely adorable pictures here. But the one looking out the door with her mouth open is downright scary! :0

December 20th, 2010 at 10:05 am

Thanks everyone.
Valerie: She’s yawning!! :)

6 | Stefania (Ingredients for Life)

December 20th, 2010 at 10:14 am

That dog is absolutely adorable and sweet.

7 | Nora Brown

December 20th, 2010 at 10:33 am

There are cat people and there are dog people, although once in a while there are people who are both. I am definitely a cat person BUT Piper makes me think that maybe, one day, I might like to try to be a dog person, too. She is almost unbelievably cute, to the point that she looks like a stuffed toy (but a high-end one, by that expensive Button-in-Ear German teddy bear company). Excellent photos!

8 | Kaitlin

December 21st, 2010 at 10:59 am

Happy birthday Piper! I still maintain that my favourite of photos of her is the one where she is standing (sitting?) right by your red door. Soooo pretty!

December 21st, 2010 at 11:15 am

You mean this one?
I love it too.

• andrea tomkins: Heeeey! I'm glad it was a good experience for you! Thanks for letting me know. :)
  • Kylie: Thanks for telling us about the SavvyCompany fondue party! We signed up with relatives across Ontario as a fun (virtual) way to celebrate my mother-in
  • Charlotte: Thank you for this awesome post. it’s a very informative blog thanks for sharing with us.
  • andrea tomkins: I don't own any Miik items, just seen those pretty dresses from afar! :) I didn't know they made leggings and am intrigued...
  • molly: Have you purchased Miik before? I have a couple of dresses and I wear them all summer - like, twice a week - and they wash beautifully. And so so comf
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive updatish - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] had a bit of an online shopping spree today. Remember my duvet upgrade earlier in the pandemic (and the unfortunate incident with the old on
  • Susan: I discovered that Chef's Plate delivers to Sudbury, so every once in a while (4-6 weeks, depending?) I send a box to my son. He LOVES it! He learns to

On this date in the archives