28 Feb, 2012

A very important question

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

This year is a leap year and we have a whole extra day to spend. It seems to me that it would be a shame to waste it. After all, I know a whole bunch of people who would have appreciated having One Extra Day. What a gift.

What will you do with your extra day?

Me: I’m thinking of stealing my family away and playing hooky. Not sure yet…

8 Responses to "A very important question"

1 | Lara

February 28th, 2012 at 10:10 am

Good idea! If only we all could do that :)

I have no plans. Hehe

February 28th, 2012 at 10:15 am

I don’t want to waste it! It’d be a shame to use extra time we’re given just watching tv or doing laundry. No one in the history of mankind has ever laid on their deathbed and wished they’d watched more TV. Or spent more time at the office. ;)

Perhaps we’ll have cake for breakfast, go for a snowy hike and feed the chickadees.

3 | coffeewithjulie

February 28th, 2012 at 10:18 am

Yes, but that’s because when you’re on your deathbed you no longer have to worry about how to pay your mortgage! :)

4 | Yael

February 28th, 2012 at 10:42 am

Hmmm… Well, I’ll be stuck in the office all day *joy*.

BUT, if I weren’t in the office, I would spend my extra day taking a long walk with my dog and my husband, going to a late, late breakfast, and generally relaxing with my (little) family!

5 | Lynn

February 28th, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Hm…we have no special plans but I do like the idea of introducing a new tradition, something small to mark the day. Breakfast in bed, maybe? Leap year cake for dinner? I will give it some (last minute!) thought.

6 | LO

February 28th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Oh I love a good day of hooky!!!! And it’s a bonus as leap day is on hump day!
You could go to the movies and have the theatre to yourself! You could also do something charitable. So, a treat for you and a ‘do good’ deed!

7 | Vicki

February 28th, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I like what this article has to suggest:

“Leap” Into Service – Make That Extra February Day Count

February 28th, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Lynn, I am seriously considering Leap Year Cake.

Vicki – thanks for the link!

terra20 Ottawa

National Arts Centre Ottawa

Lice Services Ottawa - Ottawa Lice Treatment and Removal Experts

• Sarah: Hardy Mattress in Westboro will make you a pillow. If it isn't right, they'll adjust it no charge. They are amazing!
  • andrea tomkins: Ironing on the bed is the lazy way of ironing sheets. It's so easy! Next time I do it I'll post a photo (or video)! :)
  • Anne: I need you to post a photo of you IRONING your sheets...on YOUR BED. You take ironing to a whole new level that I was not aware of!
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive I might be a little crazy about our bed linens - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] bought a new sheet set. I’ve been waiting to buy something for over a year because of our Shopping Embargo and the pledge we made not
  • Claudette: I'm like you. I could read all the tips about how to organize better and then I'd just get pissed off that I'm not doing it the fashionable way so I e
  • sabrina: I forgot to add this part about my wine loving fantasies: I'm wearing a cute cocktail dress as my husband and I arrive home from work and decide to c
  • andrea tomkins: It occurred to me that a good place to begin would be the places you feel the highest degree of Household Rage and Annoyance. For me, this has been th

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (17) and Sarah (15). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.