28 Feb, 2012

A very important question

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life

This year is a leap year and we have a whole extra day to spend. It seems to me that it would be a shame to waste it. After all, I know a whole bunch of people who would have appreciated having One Extra Day. What a gift.

What will you do with your extra day?

Me: I’m thinking of stealing my family away and playing hooky. Not sure yet…

8 Responses to "A very important question"

1 | Lara

February 28th, 2012 at 10:10 am

Good idea! If only we all could do that :)

I have no plans. Hehe

February 28th, 2012 at 10:15 am

I don’t want to waste it! It’d be a shame to use extra time we’re given just watching tv or doing laundry. No one in the history of mankind has ever laid on their deathbed and wished they’d watched more TV. Or spent more time at the office. ;)

Perhaps we’ll have cake for breakfast, go for a snowy hike and feed the chickadees.

3 | coffeewithjulie

February 28th, 2012 at 10:18 am

Yes, but that’s because when you’re on your deathbed you no longer have to worry about how to pay your mortgage! :)

4 | Yael

February 28th, 2012 at 10:42 am

Hmmm… Well, I’ll be stuck in the office all day *joy*.

BUT, if I weren’t in the office, I would spend my extra day taking a long walk with my dog and my husband, going to a late, late breakfast, and generally relaxing with my (little) family!

5 | Lynn

February 28th, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Hm…we have no special plans but I do like the idea of introducing a new tradition, something small to mark the day. Breakfast in bed, maybe? Leap year cake for dinner? I will give it some (last minute!) thought.

6 | LO

February 28th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Oh I love a good day of hooky!!!! And it’s a bonus as leap day is on hump day!
You could go to the movies and have the theatre to yourself! You could also do something charitable. So, a treat for you and a ‘do good’ deed!

7 | Vicki

February 28th, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I like what this article has to suggest:

“Leap” Into Service – Make That Extra February Day Count

February 28th, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Lynn, I am seriously considering Leap Year Cake.

Vicki – thanks for the link!

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• Liz Dick: Just came across this forum now. Funny after all these years I've never seen it. Rummoli has been a family favourite of ours for four generations.
  • Molly: A great read, Andrea! I have been to a few estate sales - they can be fascinating. I am far from a minimalist but I am always trimming the amount
  • Lynn: Perhaps this could inspire a series of posts about Special Things - the history and what makes them precious. Going to give this some thought! Thanks
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive The stories of our stuff - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] we commissioned Dave Allston, a local historian, to compile for us awhile back. (I wrote about it here, if you’re curious.) I was fair
  • andrea tomkins: I try not to look! ;) New nightstands would help the problem, for sure. They're just not in the cards right now. Unfortunately, everything I really li
  • Marianne: The bed not being centred would definitely bother me. I'd solve it by opting for nightstands on legs, or installing floating shelves. But Id probabl
  • andrea tomkins: We actually won it in a blog giveaway a few years ago. It's made by Phillips. I really like it! It has a few different alarm sounds too, all are gentl