08 Dec, 2013
You know you love your dog too much when…
Posted by andrea tomkins in: dog stuff
1. You miss them when they’re not home and the house seems unnaturally quiet.
2. They eat better dinners than you do sometimes.
3. You read the nutrition panels on their food and snacks.
4. You sometimes worry about their health and well-being more than you do your own.
5. You can never stay mad at them for very long.
6. You use their middle name when they’re being scolded.
7. They have a middle name.
8. You buy them clothing, which makes them look even more adorable. (How is that even possible?!)
9. Your camera/smartphone has more pictures of the dog on it than your children.
10. You purposely drop food on the floor for them while you’re cooking.
11. You talk to them, even though you know they don’t understand. (“Wasn’t that a GREAT walk?”)
12. When talking to your dog you make up nonsensical words and your voice raises an octave. And you’d DIE ON THE SPOT if someone you actually knew overheard you talking to your dog.
13. You wear reflective clothing when you walk them at night.
14. You make the dog wear reflecting clothing at night. And a clip-on light.
15. You imagine what you’d do if another dog attacked your dog, and what you’d do/say to their owner. And it’s never pretty.
16. You’d sell your most prized possessions to get them the medical help they need.
17. When you read news stories about abused pets it always brings you to tears.
18. You buy your dog Christmas gifts.
19. You wrap the gifts.
20. You know in your heart that there’s no such thing as loving your dog too much, because love knows no bounds, especially for man’s best friend.