08 Dec, 2013

You know you love your dog too much when…

Posted by andrea tomkins in: dog stuff

We call her Beardo

1. You miss them when they’re not home and the house seems unnaturally quiet.

2. They eat better dinners than you do sometimes.

3. You read the nutrition panels on their food and snacks.

4. You sometimes worry about their health and well-being more than you do your own.

5. You can never stay mad at them for very long.

6. You use their middle name when they’re being scolded.

7. They have a middle name.

8. You buy them clothing, which makes them look even more adorable. (How is that even possible?!)

9. Your camera/smartphone has more pictures of the dog on it than your children.

10. You purposely drop food on the floor for them while you’re cooking.

11. You talk to them, even though you know they don’t understand. (“Wasn’t that a GREAT walk?”)

12. When talking to your dog you make up nonsensical words and your voice raises an octave. And you’d DIE ON THE SPOT if someone you actually knew overheard you talking to your dog.

13. You wear reflective clothing when you walk them at night.

14. You make the dog wear reflecting clothing at night. And a clip-on light.

15. You imagine what you’d do if another dog attacked your dog, and what you’d do/say to their owner. And it’s never pretty.

16. You’d sell your most prized possessions to get them the medical help they need.

17. When you read news stories about abused pets it always brings you to tears.

18. You buy your dog Christmas gifts.

19. You wrap the gifts.

20. You know in your heart that there’s no such thing as loving your dog too much, because love knows no bounds, especially for man’s best friend.

Tags: ,

8 Responses to "You know you love your dog too much when…"

1 | Natalie

December 8th, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Agreed :) except I have a cat! Pets make us better people don’t they?

2 | wendy

December 8th, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Ended a friendship because she said walking a dog is a time waster!! LOL

3 | Melanie

December 8th, 2013 at 4:46 pm

So true…I’d like to add that we Skype’d our dog while on vacation! Too much?

4 | Amy

December 8th, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Our dog has a title and a middle name

5 | wth?

December 9th, 2013 at 3:37 pm

No dog or cat. Finding it hard to understand or relate.

6 | andrea tomkins

December 9th, 2013 at 6:24 pm

What can I say, other than people who really love their pets REALLY love their pets. :)

7 | J Lee

December 10th, 2013 at 10:12 am

This reminds me of my room mate! I don’t think he could every have a girlfriend – his dog is the only lady in his life.

8 | Brandy

January 1st, 2014 at 9:52 am

This list is awesome and so very true!

Expert lice removal services in Ottawa with Lice Services Canada

• Amy: A friend of mine makes tomato soup by taking a can of tomatoes, blending them a bit, and thickening it with flour or cornstarch.
  • James Hale: Long time, no speak. Jo and I love Terra20. Looking forward to your writing there. Speaking of diets, we've been doing keto since October, feeling gre
  • andrea tomkins: Lisa, I just LOVE the idea of cheeseburgers for breakfast. Sounds like the perfect hot meal, especially for growing kids!
  • andrea tomkins: The amount of sugar in grocery store products is positively astounding. Caesar salad dressing! Pita crisps! Ketchup! Battered fish! I wish I had a bet
  • Amy: I've recently been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, it's made me take a lot harder look at all the sugar in my diet. Even though I was trying to
  • Lisa from Iroqouis: I have no problem with ribs for breakfast. I love leftovers in the morning. No fuss no muss. Isn't that what leftover Chinese food and pizza is for
  • andrea tomkins: Food traditions are so interesting! I could continue to eat like this, but meat is my stumbling block. I would prefer to eat less of it, not more. I c

On this date in the archives