07 May, 2007

weekend sampler

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|Ottawa|Photography

DSC_1236.JPG

I adore this photo. Even better, I took it not realizing that photography is verboten in the special exhibits areas. Oh well. :)

Click through to my Flickr for a smattering of what we did this weekend. Here’s a clue: it was pretty fun.

9 Responses to "weekend sampler"

1 | Rich Lafferty

May 7th, 2007 at 8:39 am

Hah. I got a couple as well, and it looks like we both got told off at the same spot. Someone else had a lot more luck than we did, though.

2 | Anne

May 7th, 2007 at 9:47 am

Lucky you!
They told me to put my cam away :(

3 | twinmomplusone

May 7th, 2007 at 10:54 am

I was just at the National Gallery on a school trip the other day to visit some of the permanent exhibits and made a strong mental note to return by myself to see this exhibit, was it really worth it?

May 7th, 2007 at 11:27 am

It was really worth it. Photos don’t do it justice. (In fact, this was my second visit!) Sadly, Saturday was the last day of the exhibit.

I’m not sure but the giant baby head might be a permanent piece. Anyone know?

5 | Miss Vicky

May 7th, 2007 at 12:34 pm

Giant baby head a.k.a. “Head of a baby” is indeed a permanent piece. Normally sits at the entrance to the Contemporary Art section.

Loved the Mueck show. We went twice.

6 | alison

May 7th, 2007 at 2:12 pm

I wish I had a giant baby head for my living room. Well, maybe not quite that big. Now I know what Leah was talking about when she described her class trip to the National Gallery.

7 | twinmomplusone

May 8th, 2007 at 1:16 pm

oh no, missed yet another great exhibit, arghhh

8 | Pearl

May 11th, 2007 at 6:49 pm

You went too, a couple days apart from us.

9 | Robin

May 14th, 2007 at 10:56 am

Wow! That is an amazing picture!

• Jinjer @ Intrepid Arkansawyer: Hiya! I'm still reading you! Love your blog SO MUCH!
  • Agendepo168: Indonesia's Trusted and Recognized Online Slot Broker Agendepo168 is the best trusted slot machine game agent which was licensed by PAGCOR in Indones
  • bukausernesia: USERNESIA: Official Alternative Link to Usernesia Website Determing the best and most trustworthy location to play online gambling is now the key
  • BandarUsernesia: you can find not many gambling sites in Dalam negri that can hold the title since the finest slot gambling site. One of all of them is BandarUser
  • andrea tomkins: Hmmm. I will try it!
  • andrea tomkins: Good to know! Thanks Jenn!
  • Jenn Hagen: I like the PlantNet app for ID purposes - there is a Cdn version. Gives habitat info and uses your photos to help ID. I’ve not checked if it does ?