07 May, 2007

weekend sampler

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|Ottawa|Photography

DSC_1236.JPG

I adore this photo. Even better, I took it not realizing that photography is verboten in the special exhibits areas. Oh well. :)

Click through to my Flickr for a smattering of what we did this weekend. Here’s a clue: it was pretty fun.

9 Responses to "weekend sampler"

1 | Rich Lafferty

May 7th, 2007 at 8:39 am

Hah. I got a couple as well, and it looks like we both got told off at the same spot. Someone else had a lot more luck than we did, though.

2 | Anne

May 7th, 2007 at 9:47 am

Lucky you!
They told me to put my cam away :(

3 | twinmomplusone

May 7th, 2007 at 10:54 am

I was just at the National Gallery on a school trip the other day to visit some of the permanent exhibits and made a strong mental note to return by myself to see this exhibit, was it really worth it?

May 7th, 2007 at 11:27 am

It was really worth it. Photos don’t do it justice. (In fact, this was my second visit!) Sadly, Saturday was the last day of the exhibit.

I’m not sure but the giant baby head might be a permanent piece. Anyone know?

5 | Miss Vicky

May 7th, 2007 at 12:34 pm

Giant baby head a.k.a. “Head of a baby” is indeed a permanent piece. Normally sits at the entrance to the Contemporary Art section.

Loved the Mueck show. We went twice.

6 | alison

May 7th, 2007 at 2:12 pm

I wish I had a giant baby head for my living room. Well, maybe not quite that big. Now I know what Leah was talking about when she described her class trip to the National Gallery.

7 | twinmomplusone

May 8th, 2007 at 1:16 pm

oh no, missed yet another great exhibit, arghhh

8 | Pearl

May 11th, 2007 at 6:49 pm

You went too, a couple days apart from us.

9 | Robin

May 14th, 2007 at 10:56 am

Wow! That is an amazing picture!

• Jinjer: I love that dog figurine so much!!!!
  • Dani: It's morrel season. Woot! https://photos.app.goo.gl/bE76iBETEpkDGU7w5
  • andrea tomkins: I will definitely check that out Tiana!
  • Yana: There is one near the train in Carleton Uni
  • Tiana: Oh there's a great book, if you haven't read it already - Gathering Moss by Robin Wall-Kimmerer.
  • Quail: Mushrooming is a fantastic hobby. Take a course in late September. These fun fall outings are usually very productive and often led by keen experts.
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive More about mushrooms - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] week I shared a quick recipe for mushrooms on toast. I deeply regret not running out and shoring up my mushroom supplies because I have a se

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark. We have two daughters: Emma (19) and Sarah (17). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999. The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.