04 Jul, 2008

last day at farm camp

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|Ottawa|Photography

Emma and Sarah have spent this past week at farm camp. They have loved it. The girls did farm chores, had special backstage access to the animals, made stuff and played lots of fun games.

And now they feel like they own the place. :)

At the Experimental Farm

At the Experimental Farm

At the Experimental Farm

At the Experimental Farm

At the Experimental Farm

At the Experimental Farm

9 Responses to "last day at farm camp"

1 | Carrie

July 4th, 2008 at 11:17 am

Awww. What a great idea for a camp! (Coming from someone who grew up on a farm, and loved it (most of the time)).

2 | Shan

July 4th, 2008 at 5:50 pm

Wow! That looks like a great camp. My daughter cannot wait for her week of horse camp later this summer. Looks like much the same thing, but with less cows and more horses.

3 | Nicol

July 4th, 2008 at 6:53 pm

It looks like they had a great time. What a fun place for a summer camp!

4 | Kent

July 4th, 2008 at 8:33 pm

My daughter must have been in the same camp.
They do a fantastic job at the farm. This is by far the best camp she has ever been to.
Lots of storys about being a vet now, and we will be going back every day to see “her” cow.
I just hope regular daycare will not be too much of a let down now.

5 | Lynn

July 4th, 2008 at 8:42 pm

Oh boy, wait until I tell Gal Smiley that there’s a week long camp at the farm! I took the kids there today and my poor three year old daughter almost died from fright. I think she thinks cows eat little girls for dinner.

Maybe these awesome shots of your girls NOT being eaten by cows will change her mind :).

6 | porter

July 4th, 2008 at 10:32 pm

I love the pics of the girls, especially Sarah the one of Sarah…soooo cute! What a great idea for camp…I would even love spending a week pretending to be a farmer.

7 | Gretchen

July 4th, 2008 at 11:52 pm

Oh my goodness, I have never heard of a farm camp, but my girls would LOVE it. They want to be farmers when they grow up. And they always want to stop and pet the cows as we drive past on our way to church.

8 | DaniGirl

July 10th, 2008 at 6:01 pm

Oooo, we’d tried to get in to farm camp and were too late. Next year for sure!!! (although Tristan is thrilled with Art camp.) Looks like such fun!

9 | Welcome to our newest patron: the Canada Agriculture Museum >> a peek inside the fishbowl

March 16th, 2011 at 9:27 am

[…] been going there ever since the girls were tiny. They’ve attended summer camps there and we’ve spent many lovely afternoon hours gazing at the cows and walking those scenic […]

• Mort: I'm usually very good but was gripped with mild panic at the drug store Saturday when I suddenly realized I'd forgotten my mask. Normally there's a ba
  • Michael: You could mix up all your ingredients and form the dough, cover the put it in the fridge. This will cause the dough to perform a slow rise, so if done
  • Sally Dowe Marchand: Wow. Well done. I too have done something as absent-minded as walking into a store and taking my mask off. Inside right so remove it. I immediately re
  • sassygirl: i like hearing your voice on the browser version. it’s well done! (:
  • Sally Dowe Marchand: Oh dear. I am so not there yet. I was making my way hastily through Loblaws the other day and suddenly it dawned on me it was Christmas music playing.
  • Nicole MacPherson: Oh, I totally understand. I have found myself tearing up in public places when particular songs come on. I love Christmas music and I rarely think it'
  • peter: Absolutely love the audio version - you are a natural!