28 Dec, 2012

A decadent cinnamon bun recipe for you!

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life|Recipes and Food

My MIL has been making these cinnamon buns for holiday breakfasts as long as I can remember. I cannot describe how good they are – warm, sweet, gooey – the perfect sugar rush to go with a hot cup of coffee when you need it most.

I was the one who was tasked to make them this year, and although they didn’t turn out nearly as pretty as hers do they still tasted pretty darn awesome.

Cinnamon buns

Cinnamon buns

There is nothing simpler. You assemble the ingredients in a bundt pan the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning. I’m thinking they’d be perfect for a New Year’s breakfast.

The recipe is from Best of Bridge, and lucky us, it’s online right here.

Print this post Print this post

5 Responses to "A decadent cinnamon bun recipe for you!"

1 | Lisa from Iroquois

December 28th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

We generally make sticky buns from scratch but these look terribly tempting.

2 | sherry

December 28th, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I hate to sound dumb but what kind of frozen rolls are you supposed to use?

December 29th, 2012 at 8:57 am

Sherry – you’re supposed to use small (white flour) frozen dinner rolls. You can find them at major grocery stores. My MIL always gets them from the person behind the counter in the bakery department.

4 | Denise

December 31st, 2012 at 6:00 pm

These look great! I’ll try making these for a pot luck brunch tomorrow.

5 | Jennifer

January 1st, 2013 at 9:49 am

Yum! Just had for New Year’s Day breakie. So good. And so easy. Thank your MIL For me and thanks for sharing.

NAC Ottawa family events

Saunders Farm annual passes for family fun!

Joan of Arc Academy in Ottawa

OMS Ottawa Montessori schools

Sara McConnell photography Ottawa

Rethink Tires - Community Renewal Fund

terra20 Ottawa

• Sarah: We've never had a professional session done of the entire family.. I don't even think there are any pictures at all of all us together. Sad. I've been
  • Susan: We've never had a professional family photo done! Our family photos tend to be taken by others at a family event or on vacation. Never quite right:)
  • georgina: our last family photo session was back in October 2014.
  • Ann: At least 10 years ago.
  • meghan: Last one was when my kids were 6 & 4 and they are now 16 & 14!
  • coffee with julie: This is so sad. And it really does make it hit home that life is not everlasting. I'm sorry to hear your lost a friend, and feel terrible for her love
  • coffee with julie: I had a family photo shoot about one year ago and it's amazing to see how much the kids have changed in that short amount of time! I LOVE your photos.

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (15) and Sarah (13). I am the editor of the Kitchissippi Times and a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 1000 lunches and counting

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's the latest:

Created with flickr badge.

Sideblog

... check out past nightstand reads right here.