28 Dec, 2012

A decadent cinnamon bun recipe for you!

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Misc. life|Recipes and Food

My MIL has been making these cinnamon buns for holiday breakfasts as long as I can remember. I cannot describe how good they are – warm, sweet, gooey – the perfect sugar rush to go with a hot cup of coffee when you need it most.

I was the one who was tasked to make them this year, and although they didn’t turn out nearly as pretty as hers do they still tasted pretty darn awesome.

Cinnamon buns

Cinnamon buns

There is nothing simpler. You assemble the ingredients in a bundt pan the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning. I’m thinking they’d be perfect for a New Year’s breakfast.

The recipe is from Best of Bridge, and lucky us, it’s online right here.

6 Responses to "A decadent cinnamon bun recipe for you!"

1 | Lisa from Iroquois

December 28th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

We generally make sticky buns from scratch but these look terribly tempting.

2 | sherry

December 28th, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I hate to sound dumb but what kind of frozen rolls are you supposed to use?

December 29th, 2012 at 8:57 am

Sherry – you’re supposed to use small (white flour) frozen dinner rolls. You can find them at major grocery stores. My MIL always gets them from the person behind the counter in the bakery department.

4 | Denise

December 31st, 2012 at 6:00 pm

These look great! I’ll try making these for a pot luck brunch tomorrow.

5 | Jennifer

January 1st, 2013 at 9:49 am

Yum! Just had for New Year’s Day breakie. So good. And so easy. Thank your MIL For me and thanks for sharing.

6 | a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive First three stories, then eyes forward - a peek inside the fishbowl

January 2nd, 2021 at 2:59 pm

[…] who remembers when. Every year she made Land of Nod Cinnamon Buns (which I briefly wrote about here). They were always a favourite part of our breakfast on Christmas […]