09 Jul, 2013
Keeping cool… with watermelon!
Posted by andrea tomkins in: Recipes and Food
Nothing says SUMMER like a cold slice of watermelon, doesn’t it? Even Piper enjoys a lick of watermelon now and then:
As much as we love watermelon, for some reason we find it challenging to eat a whole one. That’s why I wanted to jot down some ideas for the next time I have extras kicking around. Here are a few that I’ve bookmarked!
- Here’s a recipe for a frozen watermelon slush I posted awhile back (although it’s hard to call it a recipe if it only has one ingredient, isn’t it?)
- I love watermelon salads! Here’s a good-lookin’ one that has watermelon, basil, and feta
- … and here’s another: Dry Rubbed Steak & Shrimp with Watermelon Goat Cheese Salad (YUM.)
- This Martha Stewart recipe for watermelon gazpacho looks divine, although I’m pretty sure I’d be the only one eating it around here. Hmm.
- And this recipe for watermelon sorbet looks amazing. This is perfect for summer!
- You can also toss cubed watermelon in a blender and make popsicles out of it.
What about you? What are you making with melons this summer? :)