01 Apr, 2008

April fools (now with pic!)

Posted by andrea tomkins in: Easy ways to make kids happy|Recipes and Food

This morning I woke Sarah up with a whisper: “I made you sushi for breakfast.”

“SUSHI?” she exclaimed. “IT’S MY DREAM COME TRUE!”

I informed her sister. She was not impressed.

“I’m not eating it,” she groused.

Sarah put on her clothes as fast as she could and ran downstairs. She saw what I had made* and was thrilled.

Mock Sushi for April Fool's Day breakfast

Emma drummed down the stairs, totally dejected. Sarah could hardly contain herself. She blew it in one breath.

“See-Emma-we-got-sushi-for-breakfast-APRIL-FOOLS-IT’S-CANDY!!!”

I bet the sugar rush has worn down now. I wonder how that’s going over.

* This mock sushi is made out of Rice Krispy squares (made round) with a piece of gummy fish in the middle and wrapped with a fruit roll-up!

9 Responses to "April fools (now with pic!)"

2 | porter

April 1st, 2008 at 11:23 am

I love this! I can’t wait to make them for my girls!

3 | Fabgirl

April 1st, 2008 at 1:56 pm

That is too cute! My kids would have loved it.
P.S. we have the same chopsticks!

4 | BeachMama

April 1st, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Oh my goodness, I love these!! Great idea :)

5 | Nicol

April 1st, 2008 at 3:51 pm

What a great idea!

6 | megan

April 2nd, 2008 at 7:13 am

How cute would these be at a Japanese themed birthday party? Now I just have to convince Evelyn or Audrey that it is a good idea…

7 | J.

April 2nd, 2008 at 1:35 pm

Aw! I love those! That’s amazing!

8 | Leah

April 8th, 2008 at 11:12 am

How CUTE is that??? You must be a really fun mom; I’d have never thought of doing that!

9 | Gwen

April 1st, 2009 at 9:10 am

What a great idea! Can’t wait to do these types of things with my girls!

Joan of Arc Academy in Ottawa

terra20 Ottawa

National Arts Centre Ottawa

• hans: Looks awesome had so much fun at alcatraz at http://www.escapeiq.com
  • Corvidae: Crow or raven. They collect bright shiny things.
  • joy: this is hilarious!
  • Claudette: I love mysteries! I think it was a raccoon. :)
  • Julie: Saw a green one last week on a door handle at Carlingwood Mall. Not sure if he wanted in, but I used the other door.
  • Religieuse: Just saw one of those the other day. It landed on my arm as I was pumping gas in Merrickville. My daughter who is not fond of bugs let me put it on
  • andrea tomkins: Hi! You can go online for more info https://www.pcplus.ca/loyalty-help.jsp If you can’t find what you’re looking for there you can contact PC Plu

My name is Andrea and I live in the Westboro area of Ottawa with my husband Mark and our two daughters Emma (17) and Sarah (15). I am the managing editor of our community newspaper, the Kitchissippi Times, and a regular contributor to MediaSmarts.ca. I am a longtime Ottawa blogger, and I've occupied this little corner of the WWW since 1999... which makes me either a total dinosaur or a veteran, I'm not sure which! The Fishbowl is my whiteboard, water cooler, and journal, all rolled into one. I'm passionate about healthy living, arts and culture, family travel, great gear, good food, and sharing the best of Ottawa for families. I also love vegetables, photography, gadgets, and great design.

The #dailylunches project – 1000 lunches and counting

Every day I eat lunch and take a picture. Here's the latest:

Created with flickr badge.

Sideblog