25 Feb, 2014
Ottawa Giveaway alert: bringing back DATE NIGHT!
This is my second giveaway for the NAC Orchestra’s Casual Fridays event. I’m thrilled. Not only is the NAC a wonderful patron of the blog, but I truly love the amazing things they add to the cultural scene of this great city we live in.
If you haven’t heard of Casual Fridays, here it is in a nutshell: it’s an opportunity to nosh on artfully/deliciously/wonderfully prepared food AND socialize AND enjoy a lovely glass of something AND see a show.
The media launch of the new season happened last night in the NAC kitchen. Paul Wells, who will be hosting the next event, described Casual Fridays quite succinctly in a tweet at the media event last night:
The #nacofridays concert I’ll host March 7 is simple: Early start. Booze, schmooze and tapas. 90 minutes of great music. Then mingle.
— Paul Wells (@InklessPW) February 25, 2014
I went to the launch with the intention of taking lots of photos but I had such a great time chatting with fellow party goers that my phone stayed in my purse almost the entire time. Sorry NAC, but you can interpret that as a SURE SIGN OF A GOOD TIME. ;)
I kid. I do have a few views to share:
Here’s the good news for you… I have a pair of tickets to give away to the next event on March 7 but before I do that, there are a few things about this next Casual Fridays I wanted to bring to your attention:
- Two words: Amanda. Forsyth.
- The culinary overtures menu is brand new and it’s Italian-inspired. I promise you will love it. Everything we sampled at the media event provided an explosion of mouthhappy delight.
- They’ve totally changed the food service portion of the evening. I strongly encourage you to buy your tickets online ahead of time as there are limited tickets and I predict a sell-out. Line-ups were an issue at the last event but there is a plan in place to prevent this from happening.
- Good news: you can now watch the show with your beverage of choice. No more chugging before curtain call! Besides, music and wine, in comfy theatre-seats? HELLO. That’s a match made in heaven.
Interested in going? Please read the following details carefully:
- This giveaway is for two tickets to the March 7, 2014 edition of Casual Fridays at the National Arts Centre (NAC). Please please make sure you are able to go (i.e. have a sitter on speed dial) before you enter! These tickets include admission to the culinary part of the evening, so you’ll be sampling some of the dishes pictured above.
- In order for your entry to qualify, please leave a comment below telling me where you went for your last date night. If it’s too long ago to remember (and I hope that’s not the case!) you can tell me where you’d like to go for your next one. :)
- For a second entry, leave a comment on this Facebook post. (But don’t forget to let me know that you did in a second, separate comment below.)
- This giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
- If you can’t post your comment for whatever reason you can email it to me for posting at andrea at quietfish dot com. Please note, I cannot be responsible if your entry is misdirected or gets stuck in my Spam folder!
I will draw one name using Random.org at noon EST on March 4, 2014. The winner will have to pick up their tickets at my place. :)
Good luck everyone!