01 May, 2009

I have a great spot for your next family photo

Posted by andrea tomkins in: - Ottawa for kids|Easy ways to make kids happy|Photography

… is at Dow’s Lake, RIGHT NOW.

There are a couple of gorgeous patches of naturalized daffodils growing right in the grass near Carling Avenue. If you wait too long you’ll miss them.

Daffodills at Dow's Lake

Daffodills at Dow's Lake

Daffodills at Dow's Lake

Daffodills at Dow's Lake

p.s. I have another Giveaway coming up today or tomorrow. I’m just finalizing the details! In the meantime, if you’re in Ottawa, don’t forget to enter the draw for four free tickets to see the opening night show of The Changeling at the NAC.

Tags: ,

11 Responses to "I have a great spot for your next family photo"

1 | The Veg Next Door

May 1st, 2009 at 10:15 am

Years ago you took a picture of Hubby among flowers. It sounds feminine but it wasn’t. We love that picture. His mom has it hanging at her house. Great shot!

2 | Loukia

May 1st, 2009 at 11:05 am

Gorgeous pictures! I think we’ll be heading over to Dow’s Lake this weekend too. And I’ll try to capture some great pics, as well. As hard as it is to get both my boys smiling at the same time for the camera! ;)

Maybe I should focus more on candid shots?

May 1st, 2009 at 11:53 am

It is hard to get two kids looking/smiling/posing at the same time. Candids are good. Just get them laughing and start snapping away! (Hint: go straight for the toilet humour for the biggest yuks.)

Which reminds me… I have a biggie photo-related post in the works. I hope to finish it up soon!

May 1st, 2009 at 11:56 am

Veg: I remember that pic well. Thanks for reminding me. I’m tickled to hear his mom has it up at her home!! :)

5 | Judy

May 1st, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Thanks for the tip Andrea! We may have to head down there on Monday when I am off to check out the flowers and see if we can get our little man smiling (not hard… he loves the camera!)

6 | Porter

May 1st, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Awwww cutie patutie pics, love them! sigh. I miss Dows Lake…look at those daffs!

7 | jennP

May 1st, 2009 at 3:55 pm

that’s EXACTLY where i am planning on heading this weekend!! :) i couldn’t wait for this season!

8 | BeachMama

May 1st, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Great pictures Andrea! All the green is perfect this time of year.

9 | Rebecca

May 1st, 2009 at 5:42 pm

Hooray! Tulip fest

We’re going to go one day during the week – can’t wait to enjoy it

10 | DaniGirl

May 2nd, 2009 at 12:49 pm

There are more beautiful daff beds on Colonel By near the footbridge across the Canal, and just after you cross into Quebec on the Island Park bridge. (Is that the Champlain one? I always get their names mixed up!)

Hooray for daffodils!!

11 | The Ultimate Ottawa bucket list! >> a peek inside the fishbowl

April 25th, 2012 at 7:16 am

[…] and take a photo of a loved one among the daffodils and […]

• Wanda: Thank you for sharing your inner dialogue. I must admit that I have become nervous about social interaction. It is an awful realization because I alwa
  • Alison in Ottawa: Also - The Corner Peach sourdough bread was maybe the best I have ever had. And the make your own Eton Mess was a fun purchase too
  • andrea tomkins: This has happened to me as well. :( People should try to be a bit more aware! And thanks for the reminder about Corner Peach. I've been meaning to che
  • Alison in Ottawa: I felt the same way when I was a Corner Peach a few days ago. A couple going in the store together and they filled up the limit. If one of them had
  • Janice: Hey, I just want to say thank you for trying and linking to my bean salad recipe, I really appreciate it! Take care, Janice
  • a peek inside the fishbowl » Blog Archive long weekend moments - a peek inside the fishbowl: […] say “let’s grab a beer.” One things I’d really like to do this summer is bike to The British Pub & Cafe. I prom
  • andrea tomkins: It is a great thing for sure. Lots of giving and taking (and swapping!) on the BN groups~!