22 May, 2014
I can’t stop eating this chickpea salad
Posted by andrea tomkins in: Recipes and Food
This was today’s Daily Lunches dish and I wanted to share it here because it was The Perfect Lunch.
The original recipe came from here, but I made a few small changes.
- I cut the whole recipe in half. It still made plenty!
- I added some finely diced red onion in place of the green onion (I just used a bit on the top.)
- I mixed in a bit of chopped parsley and a squirt of fresh lemon to the mixture.
- At the end I tossed a very small handful of pecan pieces on top instead of mixing in a measure of walnuts.
- I served it over kale, because that’s what I had on hand. Regular green leaf lettuce would be even better.
It was utterly delicious, and quick to make. It’s a keeper for sure.